Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run script every minute and terminate after specified number of executions Post 302886671 by clx on Monday 3rd of February 2014 06:41:00 AM
Old 02-03-2014
1. You must have spaces on both side of opening and closing square brackets.

Code:
if [ $run -eq 10 ]; then

2. Make sure 'samp.csv' exists, Probably it exists in your current directory. Provide full path of all the files so that it can be read with-in cron.

3. What are you trying to achieve with 1=1000?
This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate session on completing script

Hai all.. How do i terminate my telnet session automatically when my java applicatiion exits. i have a file run which executes my java application and takes care of all class and library path settings prior to the execution. I would like to terminate my session when my application exits. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepsteptom
4 Replies

2. Programming

how can i run a process for a whole minute?

here's the problem, i have two processes that i need to run and both process should be run at a total of 1 minute each. how do i do that? and one more here's what the processes do: the 1st process show the '+" sign infinitely while the 2nd process displays the "-" infinitely. how could i count the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelogs1347
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh Script to get the start minute of n number of process

How can i write a script.? which lists all X process and gets the start minute of each of them. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anteus
1 Replies

5. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh: not run script (if: Badly formed number)

Hello I have Linux Debian & tcsh shell. My mini script not run :(. Startup script displays a message: user@host:dir% ./test if: Badly formed number. script: #!/bin/tcsh -f #script check size files systems set x = `df -h /usr | tail -n1 | awk '{ print( $5 ); }'` set y = 60% if ($x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moskovets
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run crontab :1: bad minute error

Hi can any one help me out. while running crontab , m getting error bad minute time.. how to resolve this error. i created 1 txt file a.cron mirrordir -vm \home\t \homet1 & i saved it. then i created a crontab file ..with crontab -e & i added a line in it. * 1 * * * \root\a.cron & i save... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxdost114
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pausing between two executions in a shell script

HI, Please help me on this. I have to execute 100 scripts which i have redirected in to a file . I want to pause the script after first execution and once i say enter key word it has to go to next execution. My looks like for RUNFILES in `cat ${SOURCEFILES}/scripts` do echo $RUNFILES; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use counter to run the script to limit number?

I want to run my shell script to the limit number.Suppose I know in advance that MAX=5 then I want that my script run 5 times only.Something like below$ vi testingMAX=5COMMAND="ssh -l stpuser VHLDVWSAD001 /projects/st/utils/deploy/deployall.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 &" ; sleep 20;count=0while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script in a loop with max number of threads

hi guys. i have a question for you i have a one file and inside this file there are 1000 lines and each line is a linux command running this commands takes long time so i want to create one bash script and run this lines in a loop with max number of threads for example i want to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtaritet
2 Replies
true(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   true(1)

NAME
true, false - Returns a standard exit value SYNOPSIS
true false STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: true: XCU5.0 false: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The true command returns a 0 (zero) exit value. The false command returns a nonzero exit value. These commands are usually used in input to shell commands. NOTES
The special built-in utility : (colon) is sometimes more efficient than the true command. EXIT STATUS
[Tru64 UNIX] The nonzero value returned by the false command may vary from system to system. EXAMPLES
To construct a loop in a shell procedure, enter: while true do date sleep 60 done This procedure displays the date and time once a minute. To stop it, press the Interrupt key sequence. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne Shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Standards: standards(5) true(1)