Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run script every minute and terminate after specified number of executions Post 302886670 by azherkn3 on Monday 3rd of February 2014 06:17:54 AM
Old 02-03-2014
Run script

when it runs and look at my acron.log file it generates an error as below
Code:
/tmp/prog.sh: line 4: [1: command not found
/tmp/prog.sh: line 7: 1=1: command not found
head: cannot open `samp.csv' for reading: No such file or directory
sed: can't read samp.csv: No such file or directory
tail: cannot open `samp.csv' for reading: No such file or directory
tac: cannot open `samp.csv' for reading: No such file or directory
split: cannot open `samp.csv' for reading: No such file

Last edited by azherkn3; 02-04-2014 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: adding code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate session on completing script

Hai all.. How do i terminate my telnet session automatically when my java applicatiion exits. i have a file run which executes my java application and takes care of all class and library path settings prior to the execution. I would like to terminate my session when my application exits. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepsteptom
4 Replies

2. Programming

how can i run a process for a whole minute?

here's the problem, i have two processes that i need to run and both process should be run at a total of 1 minute each. how do i do that? and one more here's what the processes do: the 1st process show the '+" sign infinitely while the 2nd process displays the "-" infinitely. how could i count the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelogs1347
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh Script to get the start minute of n number of process

How can i write a script.? which lists all X process and gets the start minute of each of them. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anteus
1 Replies

5. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh: not run script (if: Badly formed number)

Hello I have Linux Debian & tcsh shell. My mini script not run :(. Startup script displays a message: user@host:dir% ./test if: Badly formed number. script: #!/bin/tcsh -f #script check size files systems set x = `df -h /usr | tail -n1 | awk '{ print( $5 ); }'` set y = 60% if ($x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moskovets
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run crontab :1: bad minute error

Hi can any one help me out. while running crontab , m getting error bad minute time.. how to resolve this error. i created 1 txt file a.cron mirrordir -vm \home\t \homet1 & i saved it. then i created a crontab file ..with crontab -e & i added a line in it. * 1 * * * \root\a.cron & i save... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxdost114
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pausing between two executions in a shell script

HI, Please help me on this. I have to execute 100 scripts which i have redirected in to a file . I want to pause the script after first execution and once i say enter key word it has to go to next execution. My looks like for RUNFILES in `cat ${SOURCEFILES}/scripts` do echo $RUNFILES; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use counter to run the script to limit number?

I want to run my shell script to the limit number.Suppose I know in advance that MAX=5 then I want that my script run 5 times only.Something like below$ vi testingMAX=5COMMAND="ssh -l stpuser VHLDVWSAD001 /projects/st/utils/deploy/deployall.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 &" ; sleep 20;count=0while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script in a loop with max number of threads

hi guys. i have a question for you i have a one file and inside this file there are 1000 lines and each line is a linux command running this commands takes long time so i want to create one bash script and run this lines in a loop with max number of threads for example i want to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtaritet
2 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)