Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting More a logic than a programming question Post 302886604 by Akshay Hegde on Sunday 2nd of February 2014 12:43:35 PM
Old 02-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietmar13
dear wisecracker,

as said, i have awk experience but i have problems in programming logic for my problem.

one very rude solution would probably be (and i will try to program it now):
loop twice over all combinations, concatenating for all names all lines if one of the names is already present in the concatenated names list.
finally sort and make unique all concatenated names...

---------- Post updated at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:42 AM ----------

my first solution - don't blame me if you get eye- or brain-cancer from this code - you wanted to show my solution Smilie

in test.txt is the example from my first post (tab-delimited).

if i have to find the solution for myself then this forum is useless ... Smilie
Let me tell you frankly this forum has got prompt support, We won't tolerate this kind of behavior here, forum is from people and for people, there is no spoon feeding. if you are not getting reply it does not mean that forum is useless, member might be busy at their work, or trying to solve the issue but not replied or they might not understand your requirement there can be plenty of reasons for why you did not receive reply. if you are posting thread which does not reach people then perhaps your post might be useless.

Don't talk nonsense, there are many members who feels so proud about this forum and I am one of them.

Regards,
Akshay

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parent/Child Scripting logic Question

I have Parent script that will execute a child script. The child script will take about 2 hours to run and I wanted to somehow build a logic for parent.sh to wait and perform ps -ef|grep cp|grep -v on the child.sh cp process and loop and check return code of child.sh $? as well. Once they are both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a logic for awk programming

Hello Friends, I have a txt file like below //*Init Start Reg(read,12'h42E,16'h0000); Nop(5628.5); //*Init End //*Main Start Reg(read,12'h42E,16'h0000); Nop(5628.5); //*Main End I want to calculate the values between //* Init Start & //* Init End And //*Main Start & //*Main... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

logic question

Hi, this is logic question, not sure anyone can answer I have 5 balls, and balance in front of me, this 5 balls look the same, but one of them is heavier, I need to use balance to find the heavier ball my approach is take any 2 balls, 2 balls in each side of balance, if the weight the same,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programming logic help

Hi, I was having a problem regarding this thread: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/225221-setting-variable-using-variables-loop.html I have not been able to solve that issue. So i was thinking maybe my logic to solve the overall problem is wrong, so i am looking for a bit of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunlea
2 Replies
NM(1)							      General Commands Manual							     NM(1)

NAME
nm - display name list (symbol table) SYNOPSIS
nm [ -agnoprumxjlf [ s segname sectname ]] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Nm displays the name list (symbol table) of each object file in the argument list. If an argument is an archive, a listing for each object file in the archive will be produced. File can be of the form libx.a(x.o), in which case only symbols from that member of the object file are listed. (The parentheses have to be quoted to get by the shell.) If no file is given, the symbols in a.out are listed. Each symbol name is preceded by its value (blanks if undefined). Unless the -m option is specified, this value is followed by one of the following characters, representing the symbol type: U (undefined), A (absolute), T (text section symbol), D (data section symbol), B (bss section symbol), C (common symbol), - (for debugger symbol table entries; see -a below), S (symbol in a section other than those above), or I (indirect symbol). If the symbol is local (non-external), the symbol's type is instead represented by the corresponding lowercase let- ter. A lower case u in a dynamic shared library indicates a undefined reference to a private external in another module in the same library. If the symbol is a Objective C method, the symbol name is +-[Class_name(category_name) method:name:], where `+' is for class methods, `-' is for instance methods, and (category_name) is present only when the method is in a category. The output is sorted alphabetically by default. Options are: -a Display all symbol table entries, including those inserted for use by debuggers. -g Display only global (external) symbols. -n Sort numerically rather than alphabetically. -o Prepend file or archive element name to each output line, rather than only once. -p Don't sort; display in symbol-table order. -r Sort in reverse order. -u Display only undefined symbols. -m Display the N_SECT type symbols (Mach-O symbols) as (segment_name, section_name) followed by either external or non-external and then the symbol name. Undefined, common, absolute and indirect symbols get displayed as (undefined), (common), (absolute), and (indirect), respectively. -x Display the symbol table entry's fields in hexadecimal, along with the name as a string. -j Just display the symbol names (no value or type). -s segname sectname List only those symbols in the section (segname,sectname). -l List a pseudo symbol .section_start if no symbol has as its value the starting address of the section. (This is used with the -s option above.) -arch arch_type Specifies the architecture, arch_type, of the file for nm(1) to operate on when the file is a fat file (see arch(3) for the cur- rently known arch_types). The arch_type can be "all" to operate on all architectures in the file. The default is to display the symbols from only the host architecture, if the file contains it; otherwise, symbols for all architectures in the file are dis- played. -f Display the symbol table of a dynamic library flat (as one file not separate modules). SEE ALSO
ar(1), ar(5), Mach-O(5), stab(5), nlist(3) BUGS
Displaying Mach-O symbols with -m is too verbose. Without the -m, symbols in the Objective C sections get displayed as an `s'. Apple Computer, Inc. October 23, 1997 NM(1)