Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Single ldap account, different passwords? Post 302886572 by Blackacid on Saturday 1st of February 2014 08:28:30 PM
Old 02-01-2014
Single ldap account, different passwords?

Is it possible, either by software solution or configuration, to provision a single user account that has different passwords depending on what group of servers it is attempting to connect to?

We have a dev, sit, uat, and production environment. They want to be able to set passwords in dev for specific users, differently than they would be in production... This is a service account used by applications only. My initial suggestion was to create service accounts locally, and provision the access to users via sudo. That solution isn't gaining much traction yet, so any idea would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How do I enable 16MB pages for an account that uses LDAP?

With an account that uses "Login AUTHENTICATION GRAMMAR" = "LDAP", I get this when trying to enable 16 MB page support: -bash-3.00# chuser capabilities=CAP_BYPASS_RAC_VMM,CAP_PROPAGATE trbld Error changing "capabilities" to "CAP_BYPASS_RAC_VMM,CAP_PROPAGATE" : Value is invalid. I also tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdyeager
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One account with multiple passwords

Hi I am currently using saslauthd to authenticate users onto an imap server (cyrus). I need to have it so that a user can logon to an account with multiple passwords (even just two would work). Is this at all possible within linux? Right now I am using the shadow file for authentication with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
2 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS