Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Md5sum is running very slowly Post 302886120 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 05:50:56 PM
Old 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Do you have a compiler installed?
which compiler are you referring to? I do have c++ installed

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is md5sum???

Hi all, I am kinda puzzled. When and Why do we use md5sum? I've read man pages for mp5sum, but didn't get anything out of it. Please, can someone explain this to me in couple of words. Thank you all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solvman
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Delete and copy file(s) slowly(!?)

Hi all! I have to monitor space in V890 machine, Solaris 10 weekly, because there is Oracle DB on it with many datafiles which have been taken offline to make enough size. Sometime, one or more datafiles are big, they are 20GB, 40GB etc.. The problem I have encountered is the processing of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running md5sum on a list of files

Hello, I would like to run md5sum on a list of files saved in a text file, and save the result in another file. (ie. md5sum `cat list.txt` > md5list.txt) I have tried several things, but I am always confronted to the same problem: some of the filenames have spaces. I have run sed on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDelroen
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager 6.0 works very slowly

Hi! I have Sun StorageTek 2540 FC array and CAM works very slowly - I can wait for software response even more than 2 minutes... I run this software on Windows machine with Firefox Web Browser but speed is terrible... How can I make it works at least a little bit faster?.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

5. SuSE

SLES 10 SP2 possible kernel problem, / slowly filling up

Hello Guys I first though about posting this to emergency but cause I fixed my issue with an reboot its not as important, more is important to me what caused this situation Some facts: OS: SLES 10 x64 SP2 (Virtualized Vmware ESX 3.5) / vmware tools status OK Soft: Oracle10g LVM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking Unix Performance - Why is a process running slowly?

Hi Please can someone explain to me how they would go about monitoring the performance of a process in Unix. Lets say that a user is running a process in Unix but it seems to be taking a long time, whereas it completed a lot quicker yesterday. How would you go about investigating what is causing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunny Sid
1 Replies
INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)

TITLE
Language::INTERCAL::Bytecode - intermediate language DESCRIPTION
The CLC-INTERCAL compiler works by producing bytecode from the program source; this bytecode can be interpreted to execute the program immediately; alternatively, a backend can produce something else from the bytecode, for example C or Perl source code which can then be compiled to your computer's native object format. The compiler itself is just some more bytecode. Thus, to produce the compiler you need a compiler compiler, and to produce that you need a compiler compiler compiler; to produce the latter you would need a compiler compiler compiler compiler, and so on to infinity. To simplify the programmer's life (eh?), the compiler compiler is able to compile itself, and is therefore identical to the compiler compiler compiler (etcetera). The programmer can start the process because a pre-compiled compiler compiler, in the form of bytecode, is provided with the CLC-INTERCAL distribution; this compiler compiler then is able to compile all other compilers, as well as to rebuild itself if need be. See the online manual or the HTML documentation included with the distribution for more information about this. SEE ALSO
A qualified psychiatrist AUTHOR
Claudio Calvelli - intercal (whirlpool) sdf.lonestar.org (Please include the word INTERLEAVING in the subject when emailing that address, or the email may be ignored) perl v5.8.8 2008-03-29 INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)