Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Putty session freezes when sudo Post 302886067 by mohtashims on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 02:04:27 PM
Old 01-29-2014
plink also freezes the same way as putty.

dg command not found !!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Putty session

Dear all, We have a practice of getting user's passwords expired after 60 days and a strong password policy. When a user tries to enter a password which is not compliant to the policy which is set putty exists without giving any feedback to the user. Below is something i captured from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
3 Replies

2. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

3. AIX

Enabling color for putty session

Hi Everyone: Is there any way to enable colors through putty for a session into AIX? I've tried to set the TERM variable to xterm-256color but it doesn't work having a 8-color terminal would be okay for me thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Save sudo privilege for session

I have setup public key based login to my CentOS VPS. I wish to disable direct root login and have created an admin user under wheel group and have modified /etc/sudoers file and gave Wheel group all privileges. But now I am being prompted for password whenever I type sudo. I do not wish to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoyceBabu
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Session Timeout

Hi, I had add the following line into .profile and .bash_profile for the timeout session to avoid putty close automatically : timeout=10800 However, i still keep encounter session time out every after 60 seconds. Can anyone please help advice. Many Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wancy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting to an ssh session with putty/bash.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nohup process getting killed after closing PUTTY session

I am running a process in nohup . nohup getkeys.ksh 132 > 132.out & When I close the putty terminal,The process is getting killed . default_signal_handler called for signal no: 1 Is there a way to keep the process running even If I close the terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

8. Solaris

M5000 XSCF Console disconnecting when putty session is closed

Hi, I would appreciate some help. I remotely access, across a VPN, an M5000 and when I connect to the XSCF I can then access the OS using console -d0 and then I can get to the console. The problem I have is that I need to run something which will take many hours and I can't run it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting a putty session

Hi, Is there any way to refresh the session(for the profile file changes get reflect) in putty? I am tired of closing reopening putty. Thanks, Pandeeesh CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies
nx_server_selinux(8)				      nx_server SELinux Policy documentation				      nx_server_selinux(8)

NAME
nx_server_r - nx_server user role - Security Enhanced Linux Policy DESCRIPTION
SELinux supports Roles Based Access Control (RBAC), some Linux roles are login roles, while other roles need to be transition into. Note: Examples in this man page will use the staff_u SELinux user. Non login roles are usually used for administrative tasks. For example, tasks that require root privileges. Roles control which types a user can run processes with. Roles often have default types assigned to them. The default type for the nx_server_r role is nx_server_t. The newrole program to transition directly to this role. newrole -r nx_server_r -t nx_server_t sudo is the preferred method to do transition from one role to another. You setup sudo to transition to nx_server_r by adding a similar line to the /etc/sudoers file. USERNAME ALL=(ALL) ROLE=nx_server_r TYPE=nx_server_t COMMAND sudo will run COMMAND as staff_u:nx_server_r:nx_server_t:LEVEL When using a a non login role, you need to setup SELinux so that your SELinux user can reach nx_server_r role. Execute the following to see all of the assigned SELinux roles: semanage user -l You need to add nx_server_r to the staff_u user. You could setup the staff_u user to be able to use the nx_server_r role with a command like: $ semanage user -m -R 'staff_r system_r nx_server_r' staff_u BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. nx_server policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run nx_server with the tightest access possible. If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type nx_server_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. nx_server_home_ssh_t /opt/NX/home/nx/.ssh(/.*)? /usr/NX/home/nx/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh(/.*)? nx_server_tmp_t nx_server_var_lib_t /opt/NX/home(/.*)? /usr/NX/home(/.*)? /var/lib/nxserver(/.*)? nx_server_var_run_t /opt/NX/var(/.*)? ssh_home_t /var/lib/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /root/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/one/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/pgsql/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/openshift/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/amanda/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/stickshift/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/gitolite/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/nocpulse/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/gitolite3/.ssh(/.*)? /var/lib/openshift/gear/[^/]+/.ssh(/.*)? /root/.shosts /home/[^/]*/.ssh(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.ansible/cp/.* /home/[^/]*/.shosts COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), nx_server(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8), nx_server_ssh_selinux(8), nx_server_ssh_selinux(8) mgrepl@redhat.com nx_server nx_server_selinux(8)