Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cannot remove root Filesystem from the Multipath configuration Post 302886047 by ikn3 on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 12:45:12 PM
Old 01-29-2014
I am not understanding what you wanted to achieve.
Are you planning to migrate to new environment or something?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Root Filesystem

Hi, Can we install root file system on other than 0th slice???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root filesystem filling up!

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Unix admin... / filesystem filled up and I can't find where the large files are. Any help will be apppreciated: # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8063580 7941745 41200 100% / /proc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Resizing the Root Filesystem

Is it possible to increase the root filesystem size without reboot ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

5. Linux

root filesystem goes readonly

I see this when tried to create a dir using root fstab entries are pretty normal tried to remount with rw but it is still the same block device /dev/sda2 is write-protected ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:51 PM ---------- fstab entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Multipath.conf configuration max_fds

Hi all, I am looking at the specific configuration settings for multipath.conf on RHEL5.5. In particular i was looking at the max_fds setting. Can anyone tell me the max number of open file descriptors that the RHEL5.5 system can have? It has been set previously to 8192, and i was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Multipath address configuration in Solaris 10.

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Solaris IPMP can be configured such that the IPs of the physical NICs are not available to applications when using IP4 or if the group address and the underlying physical address are always present? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skrynesaver
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Multipath configuration not being detected

Hi, In a RHEL 5 box, I have just added new multipath configurations in /etc/multipath.conf : blacklist_exceptions { wwid "360002ac0000000000000008e0001ee00" wwid "360002ac0000000000000008f0001ee00" wwid "360002ac000000000000000900001ee00" wwid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
PAM_PUTENV(3)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_PUTENV(3)

NAME
pam_putenv - set or change PAM environment variable SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_putenv(pam_handle_t *pamh, const char *name_value); DESCRIPTION
The pam_putenv function is used to add or change the value of PAM environment variables as associated with the pamh handle. The pamh argument is an authentication handle obtained by a prior call to pam_start(). The name_value argument is a single NUL terminated string of one of the following forms: NAME=value of variable In this case the environment variable of the given NAME is set to the indicated value: value of variable. If this variable is already known, it is overwritten. Otherwise it is added to the PAM environment. NAME= This function sets the variable to an empty value. It is listed separately to indicate that this is the correct way to achieve such a setting. NAME Without an '=' the pam_putenv() function will delete the corresponding variable from the PAM environment. pam_putenv() operates on a copy of name_value, which means in contrast to putenv(3), the application is responsible to free the data. RETURN VALUES
PAM_PERM_DENIED Argument name_value given is a NULL pointer. PAM_BAD_ITEM Variable requested (for deletion) is not currently set. PAM_ABORT The pamh handle is corrupt. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_SUCCESS The environment variable was successfully updated. SEE ALSO
pam_start(3), pam_getenv(3), pam_getenvlist(3), pam_strerror(3), pam(7) Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_PUTENV(3)