Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cannot remove root Filesystem from the Multipath configuration Post 302886047 by ikn3 on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 12:45:12 PM
Old 01-29-2014
I am not understanding what you wanted to achieve.
Are you planning to migrate to new environment or something?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Root Filesystem

Hi, Can we install root file system on other than 0th slice???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root filesystem filling up!

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Unix admin... / filesystem filled up and I can't find where the large files are. Any help will be apppreciated: # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8063580 7941745 41200 100% / /proc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Resizing the Root Filesystem

Is it possible to increase the root filesystem size without reboot ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

5. Linux

root filesystem goes readonly

I see this when tried to create a dir using root fstab entries are pretty normal tried to remount with rw but it is still the same block device /dev/sda2 is write-protected ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:51 PM ---------- fstab entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Multipath.conf configuration max_fds

Hi all, I am looking at the specific configuration settings for multipath.conf on RHEL5.5. In particular i was looking at the max_fds setting. Can anyone tell me the max number of open file descriptors that the RHEL5.5 system can have? It has been set previously to 8192, and i was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Multipath address configuration in Solaris 10.

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Solaris IPMP can be configured such that the IPs of the physical NICs are not available to applications when using IP4 or if the group address and the underlying physical address are always present? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skrynesaver
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Multipath configuration not being detected

Hi, In a RHEL 5 box, I have just added new multipath configurations in /etc/multipath.conf : blacklist_exceptions { wwid "360002ac0000000000000008e0001ee00" wwid "360002ac0000000000000008f0001ee00" wwid "360002ac000000000000000900001ee00" wwid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
Sun_MP_SendScsiCmd(3MPAPI)			   Common Multipath Management Library Functions			Sun_MP_SendScsiCmd(3MPAPI)

NAME
Sun_MP_SendScsiCmd - send a SCSI command to a logical unit SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lMPAPI [ library... ] #include <mpapi.h> #include <mpapi_sun.h> MP_STATUS MP_SendScsiCmd(MP_OID oid, struct uscsi_cmd *cmd); PARAMETERS
oid The object ID of the logical unit path. cmd A uscsi_cmd structure. See uscsi(7I). DESCRIPTION
The Sun_MP_SendScsiCmd() function sends a SCSI command on a specific path to a logical unit. This function is applicable only to an OID whose MP_PLUGIN_PROPERTIES driverVendor, as defined by the Multipath Management API, is equal to "Sun Microsystems". See MP_GetPluginProp- erties(3MPAPI) and Multipath Management API Version 1.0. RETURN VALUES
MP_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER The pProps is null or specifies a memory area to which data cannot be written, or the oid has a type subfield other than MP_OBJECT_TYPE_PLUGIN. MP_STATUS_INVALID_OBJECT_TYPE The oid does not specify any valid object type. This is most likely to happen if an uninitialized object ID is passed to the API. MP_STATUS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND The oid owner ID or object sequence number is invalid. MP_STATUS_SUCCESS The operation is successful. WARNINGS
The uscsi command is very powerful but somewhat dangerous. See the WARNINGS section on attributes(5) before using this interface. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libMPAPI(3LIB), MP_GetPluginProperties(3MPAPI), attributes(5), uscsi(7I) Multipath Management API Version 1.0 SunOS 5.11 12 Dec 2006 Sun_MP_SendScsiCmd(3MPAPI)