Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help about bind serial number Post 302885565 by Corona688 on Monday 27th of January 2014 11:18:13 AM
Old 01-27-2014
You have not given enough information to begin to understand your question...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

3. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun 280r serial number

is there a command i can run at the ksh that will give me the serial number on solaris? solaris 8, and 9 280r servers (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
16 Replies

6. Solaris

Serial number

Hi Solarizer ;) I have face the difficulties of gathering information about the serial number of sun machine. i think its can do so easy while the machine is just one or two. But i have to administrate hundreds of sun machine. Any body knows how to gather this information by the command ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpx99
4 Replies

7. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

9. HP-UX

Set the Serial Number in HPUX?

Hi, I have a refurbished HP C3750 workstation that my company recently bought. We have a need to be able to retrieve its serial number through software, and I found instructions at HP's Website on how to do this. Unfortunately, the machine does not return a serial number using any of the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: irinotecan
16 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD