Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script? Post 302885378 by solaris21 on Saturday 25th of January 2014 01:18:01 PM
Old 01-25-2014
thanks for your help Akshay Hegde Smilie

Code:
function Cmd(cmde,result){
                              while ((cmde | getline line) > 0)
                                  {
                                      result = result (result=="" ? "" : "\n")line
                                  }
                              close(cmde)
                              return result
                         }

function convierte()
{
 cadena=$0;
 longitud=length(cadena);
 pos=1;
 byte=substr(cadena,pos,2);
 resul=Cmd("grep "byte"  mapeo.txt|awk '{print $2}'");
 print resul;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I pass awk variable to system command?

I wanna use a system function to deal with several data. So I use awk variable FILENAME to transfer the file directory to system command, but it does not work. I use a shell function "out_function" to deal with data and save the result in another directory with the same file name. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhynxn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to pass arguments in script

Hi, I have a my script here-- print "The Perl Script does the User health check and system health check...\n"; print "---------------------------------------------------------------------\n"; # use strict; my($OS); $OS = $^O; # need to test @ARGV before GetOptions shifts it if (@ARGV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk : name=john age=12 now i have to pass both age and name into awk.. how to do it? like : awk -v var=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass command line arguments to awk

I am trying to pass max as a sommand line argument when I call awk. Made the modification in the BEGIN but it is not working I'm getting an error as below: awk: txsrx.awk:82: (FILENAME=jcd.tx FNR=4161) fatal: cannot open file `40' for reading (No such file or directory) Somehow it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i pass 2 command line arguments with a range between them

Hi, I am writting a script. i am not sure what i am trying to do is possible or not. thats why asking the best of the best. the script i want to write will recieve as input parameters 2 different options. as in MODE 1 -- start_date / end_date (2 dates has 2 go at a time MODE 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to pass the command line arguments to the shell script in c language?

hi, I am new in the shell script, and c programming with linux. I am looking to pass the arguments in c program that should be executed by the shell script. e.g. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; for (i=1;i<argc; i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharlin
2 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to pass shell script parameter value to awk command in side the same script

Variable I have in my shell script diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk -F'~' ''$2 == "$id"' {print $0}' > $new I could see value of $id is not passing to the awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass shell arguments into Nawk/awk

Hi, I am in critical need of help, Thanks a ton for your help. I need to know how to pass the shell argument into nawk code in AIX. so that my file gets passed into that awk script and it can execute it part. To be detail, i have more than 100 files and in those files a particular field... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line arguments to awk program?

#!/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS=":"; } { if ( $7 == "" ) { print $1 ": no password!"; } } I want to execute this program for a particular user to check for his password from the file /etc/passwd (as the input file) and the user details to be given... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri.phani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass Arguments to Command from Shell Script

Hi all, I am working on a project, in which I have to connect to Bluetooth low energy device. I am able to connect and do data transfer from command line. But I want to do from script Here is my script #!/bin/bash #sudo hcitool -i hci0 lescan sleep 1 sudo hcitool -i hci0 lecc --random... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin@embdes
8 Replies
App::Cmd::Setup(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      App::Cmd::Setup(3pm)

NAME
App::Cmd::Setup - helper for setting up App::Cmd classes VERSION
version 0.318 OVERVIEW
App::Cmd::Setup is a helper library, used to set up base classes that will be used as part of an App::Cmd program. For the most part you should refer to the tutorial for how you should use this library. This class is useful in three scenarios: when writing your App::Cmd subclass Instead of writing: package MyApp; use base 'App::Cmd'; ...you can write: package MyApp; use App::Cmd::Setup -app; The benefits of doing this are mostly minor, and relate to sanity-checking your class. The significant benefit is that this form allows you to specify plugins, as in: package MyApp; use App::Cmd::Setup -app => { plugins => [ 'Prompt' ] }; Plugins are described in App::Cmd::Tutorial and App::Cmd::Plugin. when writing abstract base classes for commands That is: when you write a subclass of App::Cmd::Command that is intended for other commands to use as their base class, you should use App::Cmd::Setup. For example, if you want all the commands in MyApp to inherit from MyApp::Command, you may want to write that package like this: package MyApp::Command; use App::Cmd::Setup -command; Do not confuse this with the way you will write specific commands: package MyApp::Command::mycmd; use MyApp -command; Again, this form mostly performs some validation and setup behind the scenes for you. You can use "base" if you prefer. when writing App::Cmd plugins App::Cmd::Plugin is a mechanism that allows an App::Cmd class to inject code into all its command classes, providing them with utility routines. To write a plugin, you must use App::Cmd::Setup. As seen above, you must also use App::Cmd::Setup to set up your App::Cmd subclass if you wish to consume plugins. For more information on writing plugins, see App::Cmd::Manual and App::Cmd::Plugin. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 App::Cmd::Setup(3pm)