Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Very big delay (about 300 sec) before autentification Post 302885363 by Neo on Saturday 25th of January 2014 06:42:17 AM
Old 01-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
@fpmurphy + @neo.........Aren't we all saying that there appears to be a DNS problem which stops everything connecting,....
No.

I've seen no proof that this is a (or there is a) DNS issue. There may or may not be a DNS issue, that has yet to be proven.

That is only conjecture (a guess), made without proof.

The only thing we have which is a fact, that I have seen so far, are the errors in the log file.

If you have a working theory that there is a DNS error, please provide a way for the poster to confirm this; as "guessing" and "accepting" is simply not an effective troubleshooting methodology.

Let's not debate guesses and conjecture. Thanks!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat a command for one sec

How to repeat the execution of a simple command like the following for 1 sec ? echo Hi The completion time for the command is not known, but we need to calculate the number of times this commans executes successfully within 1 sec. Thanks Kumarjit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openssl trouble by autentification

Hi, I got following problem I want to use encrypted password and login for my script for oracle DB. #This was created with echo "login" | openssl enc -base64 and echo "password" | openssl enc -base64 login= bG9naW4K passwd= cGFzc3dvcmQK Im using following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
4 Replies
SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)

NAME
ssh-ldap-helper -- sshd helper program for ldap support SYNOPSIS
ssh-ldap-helper [-devw] [-f file] [-s user] DESCRIPTION
ssh-ldap-helper is used by sshd(1) to access keys provided by an LDAP. ssh-ldap-helper is disabled by default and can only be enabled in the sshd configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config by setting AuthorizedKeysCommand to ``/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-ldap-wrapper''. ssh-ldap-helper is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from sshd(8) via ssh-ldap-wrapper. The options are as follows: -d Set the debug mode; ssh-ldap-helper prints all logs to stderr instead of syslog. -e Implies -w; ssh-ldap-helper halts if it encounters an unknown item in the ldap.conf file. -f ssh-ldap-helper uses this file as the ldap configuration file instead of /etc/ssh/ldap.conf (default). -s ssh-ldap-helper prints out the user's keys to stdout and exits. -v Implies -d; increases verbosity. -w ssh-ldap-helper writes warnings about unknown items in the ldap.conf configuration file. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), ssh-ldap.conf(5), HISTORY
ssh-ldap-helper first appeared in OpenSSH 5.5 + PKA-LDAP . AUTHORS
Jan F. Chadima <jchadima@redhat.com> BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD