Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cannot remove root Filesystem from the Multipath configuration Post 302885307 by ikn3 on Friday 24th of January 2014 01:39:27 PM
Old 01-24-2014
Have you tried. Removing the wwid from /etc/multipath.conf
And reload multipathd

Not sure if /etc/multipath/wwid is updated automatically. But when we had to bring a new LUN into multipath. The steps were to add WWID to multipath.conf and reload multipathd. This was in RHEL 5.5 though. Now if we consider going backwards the earlier steps would work. Not tried and tested

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Root Filesystem

Hi, Can we install root file system on other than 0th slice???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root filesystem filling up!

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Unix admin... / filesystem filled up and I can't find where the large files are. Any help will be apppreciated: # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8063580 7941745 41200 100% / /proc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Resizing the Root Filesystem

Is it possible to increase the root filesystem size without reboot ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

5. Linux

root filesystem goes readonly

I see this when tried to create a dir using root fstab entries are pretty normal tried to remount with rw but it is still the same block device /dev/sda2 is write-protected ---------- Post updated at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:51 PM ---------- fstab entry ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Multipath.conf configuration max_fds

Hi all, I am looking at the specific configuration settings for multipath.conf on RHEL5.5. In particular i was looking at the max_fds setting. Can anyone tell me the max number of open file descriptors that the RHEL5.5 system can have? It has been set previously to 8192, and i was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Multipath address configuration in Solaris 10.

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Solaris IPMP can be configured such that the IPs of the physical NICs are not available to applications when using IP4 or if the group address and the underlying physical address are always present? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skrynesaver
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Multipath configuration not being detected

Hi, In a RHEL 5 box, I have just added new multipath configurations in /etc/multipath.conf : blacklist_exceptions { wwid "360002ac0000000000000008e0001ee00" wwid "360002ac0000000000000008f0001ee00" wwid "360002ac000000000000000900001ee00" wwid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
MP_DeregisterPlugin(3MPAPI)			   Common Multipath Management Library Functions		       MP_DeregisterPlugin(3MPAPI)

NAME
MP_DeregisterPlugin - deregister a plugin SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lMPAPI [ library... ] #include <mpapi.h> MP_STATUS MP_DeregisterPlugin(MP_WCHAR *pPluginId); PARAMETERS
pPluginId A pointer to a Plugin ID previously registered using the MP_RegisterPlugin(3MPAPI) API. DESCRIPTION
The MP_DeregisterPlugin() function deregisters a plugin from the common library. The plugin will no longer be invoked by the common library. This API does not dynamically remove the plugin from a running library instance. Instead, it prevents an application that is currently not using a plugin from accessing the plugin. This is generally the behav- ior expected from dynamically loaded modules. RETURN VALUES
MP_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER The pPluginId parameter is null or specifies a memory area that is not executable. MP_STATUS_UNKNOWN_FN The pPluginId parameter is not the same as a previously registered function. MP_STATUS_SUCCESS The pPluginId parameter is deregistered successfully. MP_STATUS_FAILED The pPluginIdparameter deregistration is not possible at this time FILES
/etc/mpapi.conf MPAPI library configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: ANSI INCITS 412 | | |Multipath Management API | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libMPAPI(3LIB), MP_RegisterPlugin(3MPAPI), mpapi.conf(4), attributes(5) Multipath Management API Version 1.0 SunOS 5.11 15 Feb 2006 MP_DeregisterPlugin(3MPAPI)