Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stuck on a text find and append task Post 302885132 by RudiC on Thursday 23rd of January 2014 04:21:28 PM
Old 01-23-2014
Try also
Code:
awk 'NF==1 {sub(/:/,""); P=$1} /csv$/ {print $0,P}'  file
-rwxrwxrwx 1 testuser testuser 29343434 Sep 12 15:59 DUMMY.csv OUTPUT_20110812_256921/20110901
-rwxrwxrwx 1 testuser testuser 11111 Oct 5 04:27 ALPHA.csv OUTPUT_20110916_223232/20110912
-rwxrwxrwx 1 testuser testuser 22222 Oct 9 04:00 BETA.csv OUTPUT_20110916_223232/20110912

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Append

I'm creating a script that counts the number of users currently online, then records that in a file called "log.txt" along with the time. Everytime the script is ran, the script appends the "log.txt" this is what I have: who|wc|cut -c6,7>>log.txt date|cut -c12-24>>log.txt After running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 801238429
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stuck with a simple find problem

Hi, Need some simple find help. I need to search for all .so files within sol directory. My directory tree has mix of directories and i want to search only inside sol directory. I could get this done combining find with for, any option to do this with find alone. for a in `find .... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut and append the text

I have a text like this ... i need append the text whihc is after 'csb' into the end of the line input ----- sdir;csp os_lib-0.5.24;bdir;cbpdob ---enable-useosstl sdir;csp oc_lib-0.10.4;bdir;cbpdob ---enable-useosstl output sdir;csp os_lib-0.5.24;bdir;cbpdob ---enable-useosstl... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a certain line and append text to the end of the line

After I create printer queues in AIX, I have to append a filter file location within that printers custom file. within lets say test_queue.txt I need to find the row that starts with :699 and then I need to append on the end the string /usr/local/bin/k_portrait.sh. Now I've gotten the sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peachclift
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to append text to filenames if text not already present

I have some html with hrefs that contain local links to pdf filenames. These filenames should have standardised names, i.e. there should be a label prior to the ".pdf" filename suffix. There can be many of these links on a single line of text and some may already have the label. For example ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: adb
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Find a String and append a text end of the Line

Hi, I have a File, which have multiple rows. Like below 123456 Test1 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY 123457 Test2 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Super XXXXXX. YYYY 123458 Test3 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY I want to search a line which contains PB MO Approver and append... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: java2006
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Append

I'm not sure this is the *best* idea but it's what occurs to me: I have a long bibliographical list where the entries are in a variety of forms. So, there's no consistent format. I can pretty much find the year of publication buried in each line. Everything else is a bit of a mess. So, human... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fred3
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to preserve the same text and modify the same text to append?

Hi, I have an issue modifying a file. Below is the content of the file. File name - a.txt SELECT LISTAGG(SCORE), LISTAGG(VB), LISTAGG(SCORE*12 + 3), LISTAGG(DOB) from T_CONCAT ; SELECT LISTAGG(SCORE), LISTAGG(VB), LISTAGG(SCORE*100 + 3), from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
1 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)