Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fedora 20 new user and having critical situation !!! Helpp!!! Post 302884885 by blackrageous on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 10:19:43 AM
Old 01-22-2014
Is there a fail safe login available? Did you try to login as root without "with linux secure". Sounds like your normal user environment you log in with is somewhat broken.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current situation

hello..what is the current situation or lastest version of UNIX?? Is there any where i can read more about it?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joanne6298
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

helpp!

hello i am new at the UNIX programin thing and i have this assignment, which would look so easy for many of u the shell must do the followin thing: exec parameter < input > output and another 1 exec parameter < input | exec2 parameter > output the teacher started it wiz the followin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hallosss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed situation

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can think in sed. Basically, I need the trailing characters on every line in a file to be deleted. These characters are all in capitals, and always follow a number, but they often vary in number For instance, on the line: 2006_10_9_p20_TALK I'd want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurel Maury
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort a file for given situation?

Hi All, How can you sort a file that is doubled space ( where even number lines are blank lines) and still preserves the blank lines? You can use grep,sed and regular expression. Thanks Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help : crisis situation !!

Hi I had deleted important files from my company server :( the server is HPUX and i don't know how to undo rm command or how to restore the files .. iam appreciate for any help Thanx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eisa
5 Replies

6. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Helpp!!

Hello How to Display the odd/even lines from a file..??? how to display the lines containing a string &2 lines before & 2 lines after..??? Thanksss (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reham$
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

fedora grub help, moving to tri boot (XP, ubuntu, fedora soemething)

I will shortly be adding a fedora flavor to my devel box. I currently have XP (installed first on an ssd), ubuntu 10.04 (installed second on the first partition of a platter drive), and I want to add either Cent or SL on the second partition of the platter drive. I will probably also want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a situation while extracting info

i have a text file which i am generating from few sqls. format is like : col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:05 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:05 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:55 1001 REDONE ABC ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
6 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)