Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: More vs less Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users More vs less Linux Post 302884870 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 08:32:44 AM
Old 01-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokedude
Does more have any advantages over less? I know less has a ton of advantages over more. It can go up, you can use several vi commands, you can do page up and down, you can scroll with the mouse wheel. What other advantages does less have over more?
When performing a search, less does highlight all the pattern you look for which is a big advantage over more

less is more userfriendly
more is less userfriendly

Last edited by ctsgnb; 01-22-2014 at 09:37 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
mouse_waitforupdate(3)						Svgalib User Manual					    mouse_waitforupdate(3)

NAME
mouse_waitforupdate - wait for an mouse update SYNOPSIS
#include <vgamouse.h> void mouse_waitforupdate(void); DESCRIPTION
This reads in mouse events from the mouse buffer and updates the internal svgalib variables which store the current mouse position and but- ton states. If there are no events the function does not return until one occurs. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), eventtest(6), mouse_close(3), mouse_init(3), mouse_getposition_6d(3), mouse_setposition(3), mouse_setscale(3), mouse_setwrap(3), mouse_setxrange(3), mouse_getx(3), mouse_waitforupdate(3), vga_setmousesupport(3), mouse_seteven- thandler(3), vga_waitevent(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 mouse_waitforupdate(3)