Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where is smit.cat file ?
Operating Systems AIX Where is smit.cat file ? Post 302884831 by vbe on Wednesday 22nd of January 2014 04:43:30 AM
Old 01-22-2014
in the 6.1 manual it says : /usr/lpp/msg/.../smit.cat. Message Catalog
Help - AIX 6.1 Information Center

but on my aix 7.1, I found it here:
Code:
n12:/usr $ find . -name smit.cat -print
./lib/nls/msg/en_US/smit.cat

This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smit.script

Can someone tell me what the smit.script file does? I'm having a problem with one of my boxes pointing at the wrong webserver. This is the only place I can find the wrong address, but I'm not sure what the file does so I'm afraid to change it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

smit.script

what is the smit.script file and does it ever need to be cleaned up or deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PamRainwater
0 Replies

3. AIX

Probably an easy SMIT question- "Unable to open temp file"

Hi All, Can't find any documentation on the web for this anywhere, except about three web pages that are in Chinese. When I enter SMIT on this box, I get ERROR MESSAGE: Unable to open temp file I suspected smit.log, but it is universal readable, writeable by root, and I am root.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

6. AIX

Smit logs

Hi everyone, I'm trying to keep my smit logs in other directory diferent than the user's home. I know with -l and -s you can change this settings but I'm wondering if there is any environment value that I can set. It can be done using alias too ... Thanx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfons
3 Replies

7. AIX

SMIT on Linux

Hi All, I have a Linux system (RHEL 5). I want to install SMIT of AIX on it. Is it possible? if yes, how it can be done? Appreciate any help from you. Amol. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
4 Replies

8. AIX

Doubts on SMIT

Hi All, Have a few doubts on SMIT. 1. Is SMIT available in seperate packages if it is not installed by default with the AIX ? 2. how to check the smit version.. is there anything of that kind ? 3. what is the effect of smit.cat file ? 4. What are all the files present in /etc/objrepos/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BalajiUthira
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies
ul(1)								   User Commands							     ul(1)

NAME
ul - do underlining SYNOPSIS
ul [-i] [-t terminal] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
ul reads the named filenames (or the standard input if none are given) and translates occurrences of underscores to the sequence which indicates underlining for the terminal in use, as specified by the environment variable TERM. ul uses the /usr/share/lib/terminfo entry to determine the appropriate sequences for underlining. If the terminal is incapable of underlining, but is capable of a standout mode then that is used instead. If the terminal can overstrike, or handles underlining automatically, ul degenerates to cat(1). If the terminal can- not underline, underlining is ignored. OPTIONS
-t terminal Override the terminal kind specified in the environment. If the terminal cannot underline, underlining is ignored. If the terminal name is not found, no underlining is attempted. -i Indicate underlining by a separate line containing appropriate dashes `-'; this is useful when you want to look at the underlining which is present in an nroff(1) output stream on a CRT-terminal. RETURN VALUES
ul returns exit code 1 if the file specified is not found. FILES
/usr/share/lib/terminfo/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cat(1), man(1), nroff(1), attributes(5) BUGS
nroff usually generates a series of backspaces and underlines intermixed with the text to indicate underlining. ul makes attempt to opti- mize the backward motion. SunOS 5.10 17 Mar 1994 ul(1)