Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with mailx in HP_UX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with mailx in HP_UX Post 302884690 by Yoda on Tuesday 21st of January 2014 11:16:11 AM
Old 01-21-2014
Why don't you use sendmail instead?
Code:
/usr/sbin/sendmail

There are several examples in this forum regarding sendmail usage.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Here is a question I have, maybe someone can help me out. I am new to this UNIX thing. :) I have a file called elist. In this file is a list of 25 email adresses. How can I write a simple command line for that will read the names of the file and send it to each of the email addys. Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iastorms
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Is there a size limit on the file that can be sent using mailx? I'm trying mailx -s "alertlog" tome@work < /dir/my.log and I only get a portion of the log. The newest portion of the log is not included in the mail. Additionally, I would like the option of mailing just the last 100... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djbartkow
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with mailx

Hi unix lovers, I have some problem with using mailx. I want to send mail as per the instructions in a file. The mail does not reach to CC recepients. To get a clearer picture, this is what I am typing on unix prompt. $ $ mailx ashishp@suntech.com < mail.txt $ And my mail.txt looks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to create a partition in HP_UX?

I'm using 11i v3. I have a san disk; how to creeate a partition in a normal way similar to fdisk in linux? (not using lvm) The other question is: I created a partiton using lvm and mounted it. experiment is to take a block level snapshot and attach it as a different disk. I attached the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx -c PROBLEM

hi All, i want to email to abc@abc.com which will be in "to" and to def@def.com which will be in "cc". i tried like this: mailx -s "Total Collection" abc@abc.com -c def@def.com but i took error :( How can i success? Thanx so much. ---------- Post updated at 08:19 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP_UX installation disks - is this what i need?

Hello Folks, I recently screwed up and accidently deleted a lot of very necessary system files on my HP-UX test machine at home during a 'cleanup' of disk space. I think I have no option other than to reinstall the OS now. Its not something I'd planned to do or that I've done before but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jim66
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Sorting top command output in HP_UX 11.11

Hello all, I've been woking on Solaris and Linux (Red Hat) so far but now I've inherited an HP-UX system and having minor issues with syntax...Appreciate if you could help me out here.. 1) I'm trying to sort the output of the top command in HP-UX 11.11 by pressing O (capital O) after typing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx problem

I executed my script in linux environment so Here Im facing problem.In linux has mailx command but if i include in following way Im getting error like ./script2.sh: line 6: mailx: command not found. if I use mail command also Im getting same error. $ cat script2.sh while ps | ./pwtst do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

how to find the character encoding of a file in hp_ux

how to find the character encoding of a file in hp_ux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP_UX to Linux migration

I need set of commands, names and location that differ between HPUX and Linux. I have the same for Solaris to Linux migration guide in Red book from IBM. I need for HPUX and Linux on the same lines. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
MAILER.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    MAILER.CONF(5)

NAME
mailer.conf -- configuration file for mailwrapper(8) DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/mailer.conf contains a series of lines of the form name program [arguments ...] The first word of each line is the name of a program invoking mailwrapper(8). (For example, on a typical system /usr/sbin/sendmail would be a symbolic link to mailwrapper(8), as would newaliases(1) and mailq(1). Thus, name might be ``sendmail'' or ``newaliases'' etc.) The second word of each line is the name of the program to actually execute when the first name is invoked. The further arguments, if any, are passed to the program, followed by the arguments mailwrapper(8) was called with. The file may also contain comment lines, denoted by a '#' mark in the first column of any line. The default mailer is postfix(1), which will also start by default (unless specifically disabled via an rc.conf(5) setting) so that locally generated mail can be delivered, if the ``sendmail'' setting in /etc/mailer.conf is set to ``/usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail''. FILES
/etc/mailer.conf EXAMPLES
This example shows how to set up mailer.conf to invoke the postfix(1) program: sendmail /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail mailq /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail newaliases /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail This example shows the use of the mini-sendmail package from pkgsrc in place of postfix(1): # Send outgoing mail to a smart relay using mini-sendmail sendmail /usr/pkg/sbin/mini-sendmail -srelayhost send-mail /usr/pkg/sbin/mini-sendmail -srelayhost Note the use of additional arguments. SEE ALSO
mail(1), mailq(1), newaliases(1), postfix(1), mailwrapper(8) pkgsrc/mail/sendmail, pkgsrc/mail/mini_sendmail HISTORY
mailer.conf appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com> BUGS
The entire reason this program exists is a crock. Instead, a command for how to submit mail should be standardized, and all the ``behave differently if invoked with a different name'' behavior of things like mailq(1) should go away. BSD
April 10, 2010 BSD