Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAID 10 Failed Drive Swap
Operating Systems AIX RAID 10 Failed Drive Swap Post 302884683 by bakunin on Tuesday 21st of January 2014 10:20:51 AM
Old 01-21-2014
Thank you for sharing the solution. This is the spirit!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment I changed the status of the thread to "Solved".

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mksysb to hot swap hard drive

AIX 4.3.3 I am investigating methods of creating system backups. One method I am investigating is installing a hot swap hard drive and creating a mksysb to that hard drive. Does anyone have any ideas on getting this accomplished? I am thinking that I need a mounted file system from the 2nd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RAID 1 on SWAP file?

Hey everyone, first of all, this is the motherboard I have: GigaByte GA-K8NXP-9 , nForce4 Ultra. It supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1 apparently both on the IDE and S-ATA HDD. Now what I had in mind is popping 2 x 6Gb HDD in the IDE slots as slave 1 & 2 where my 2 DVD/CD burners are master. I then plan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: temba
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view Drive/RAID config in UNIX...

How do you view Drive/RAID configuration in UNIX? We are running an ML370 with 6 drives in it... Version: Sco 5.2.0 Sco Openserver Release 5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpoulson
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Failed Drive

I am trying to recover data off a drive that failed in my iMac. Apple returned the drive to me and I purchased a hard drive enclosure. I have been doing research on prices for data recovery services, way too expensive. I seen some links using Unix DD commands in the terminal none of which worked.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KJ1906
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID Drive

Hello, I have a machine that has software based RAID. One of the hard drives failed. The problem is that the old systems administrator created LVM and then RAID. My understanding is that RAID had to be created before and then the LVM's. Is there someway to install the new drive without loosing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. Hardware

[Solved] Boot Lockup After Drive Swap

Hey All, Im using Fedora 2.6 (which is cannot be changed for compatibility reasons). I cloned a drive from a different server and when i added this drive to a new box, during startup it hangs on "Configuring Kernel Parameters:" Is there any way to bypass this process and still boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfwauk
0 Replies

7. Hardware

How to connect a 4TB G-Raid hard drive to a laptop?

I am having trouble connecting my 4TB G-Raid Hard drive to my Compaq Hp laptop can anyone tell me how or what I need in order to connect the 4T and getting it working. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jake Wolf
10 Replies

8. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive swap

Our tape drive died and I installed a newer Quantum DAT72 drive in it's place with the same SCSI ID. It still works, but with one major flaw, the system will lock up if I try to upgrade BackupEDGE or view NFS settings in scoadmin. I get a Transition to ready failure on ha=0* message when the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify failed disk in Linux RAID

Good Evening, 2 years ago, I set up an Ubuntu file-server for a friend, who is a photograph amateur. Basically, the server offers a software RAID-5 that can be accessed remotely from a MAC. Unfortunately, I didn't labeled the hard drives (i.e. which physical drive corresponds to the /dev/sdX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
2 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Failed raid 1 partition cannot re-add

I found out that the raid 1 was degraded: # cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : md3 : active raid1 sda5 sdb5 1822445428 blocks super 1.0 md2 : active raid1 sda3(F) sdb3 1073741688 blocks super 1.0 md1 : active raid1 sda2 sdb2 524276 blocks super 1.0 md0 : active raid1 sda1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZaNaToS
0 Replies
raidstart(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      raidstart(8)

NAME
raidstart, raidstop, - command set to manage md devices. SYNOPSIS
raidstart [options] <raiddevice>* raidstop [options] <raiddevice>* DESCRIPTION
RAID devices are virtual devices created from two or more real block devices. This allows multiple disks to be combined into a single filesystem, possibly with automated backup and recovery. Linux RAID devices are implemented through the md device driver. If you're using the /proc filesystem, /proc/mdstat gives you informations about md devices status. Currently, Linux supports linear md devices, RAID0 (striping), RAID1 (mirrroring), and RAID4 and RAID5. For information on the various lev- els of RAID, check out: http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/ for new releases of the RAID driver check out: ftp://ftp.fi.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/raid/alpha Avaible commands are : mkraid : configures (creates) md (RAID) devices in the kernel, banding multiple devices into one. raidstart : activates (starts) an existing 'persistent' md device raid0run : activates old nonpersistent RAID0/LINEAR md devices raidstop : turns off an md device, and unconfigures (stops) it By default, a systems RAID configuration is kept in /etc/raidtab, which can configure multiple RAID devices. All of these tools work similiarly. If -a (or --all) is specified, the specified operation is performed on all of the RAID devices men- tioned in the configuration file. Otherwise, one or more RAID devices must be specified on the command line. For example: raid0run -a Starts all of the 'old' RAID0 RAID devices specified in /etc/raidtab. If only /dev/md1 should be started, the following command should be used instead: raidstart /dev/md1 OPTIONS
-a, --all Apply the command to all of the configurations specified in the config file. -c, --configfile filename Use filename as the configuration file (/etc/raidtab is used by default). -h, --help Displays a short usage message, then exits. -V, --version Displays a short version message, then exits. NOTES
The raidtools are derived from the md-tools and raidtools packages, which were originally written by Marc Zyngier, Miguel de Icaza, Gadi Oxman, Bradley Ward Allen, and Ingo Molnar. BUGS
no known bugs. SEE ALSO
raidtab(5), raid0run(8), raidstop(8), mkraid(8) raidstart(8)