Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Problems with Apache Virtual Host Post 302884427 by siu on Monday 20th of January 2014 10:32:51 AM
Old 01-20-2014
is this linux box your home pc? or a vps/dedicated server?

did u tried to add the domain in /etc/hosts?
read the article

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache virtual host

Would this be the correct entry for Apache to answer on the IP 129.250.242.126 if the servers IP is 129.250.242.125? Are any other changes necessary to get Apache to answer this IP for web traffic? < VirtualHost 129.250.242.126> ServerName www.my_domain.com ServerAdmin admin@my_domain.com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resolving Aliases and Virtual IP's on a Host

I am currently going through the servers in our network and trying to compile a list of the current aliases for each box and any virtual IP addresses. I can check for the ones that are supposed to be there but how do I list the ones that I don't even know exist? ANY help would be greatly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott Pullen
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

I have a need to write scripts that can reliably determine the virtual host of a Sun Solaris system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meridian
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

Is it possible to reliably detect the virtual host of a Sun Solaris box, within a shell or Perl script? Can a system have multiple virtual host or not host at all ? I was recently made aware of hostname command, but was not sure if this option was the only one available. Any help is much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meridian
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Virtual Host Apache

Hi, I have set up the following virtual host but it cannot find the URL? Apache is running fine and I have disabled iptables. Within the document root I have the following file index.html displaying a sample text message. Any ideas what my problem might be? httpd.conf: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Apache question - virtual host related

Hi folks, I recently read about Apache virtual host and was able to configure that as well. I used name based virtual host (lets say http://vhost1.example.com) and it worked just fine. Then I configured another named based virtual host on same apache server (lets say http://vhost2.example.com)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Virtual host issue

Hello, I am facing a very strange issue while setting a virtual host on apache to setup multiple websites using separate IPs. Virtual host is setup but when i am browsing the website it display content under /var/www/html and displaying site1 and site2 folder instead of access the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies
TINYLEAF(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						       TINYLEAF(8)

NAME
tinyleaf - Very simple IHAVE-only NNTP server SYNOPSIS
tinyleaf spool [processor] DESCRIPTION
tinyleaf is intended to be the simplest possible transit news server that still does something useful. It must be run under inetd(8) or some equivalent, and only implements three commands (HELP, IHAVE, and QUIT). When it receives an article, it saves it into the directory spool and, if processor is given, passes information about the article to processor via a pipe. The file name of the article will be the MD5 hash of its message-ID, and if a file by that name already exists, tinyleaf will refuse the article, reporting it as a duplicate. If processor is given, it should specify the path to a program. That program is started when tinyleaf starts, and its current working directory will be spool. For each article received by tinyleaf, a single line will be sent to standard input of processor. That line will consist of the file name of the received article (relative to spool), a single space, and the message-ID of the received article. Note that the message-ID will be taken from the argument to the IHAVE command and may not match the Message-ID: header in the article. When tinyleaf shuts down, standard input to processor will be closed. tinyleaf does no syntax verification of received articles whatsoever; it just stores them and optionally passes them off to processor. It also never deletes articles; normally, processor should do that when it's finished doing whatever it needs to with the article. tinyleaf expects NNTP commands on standard input and replies on standard output. Status information and any error messages are sent to standard error. It does no authentication; any authentication must be done by inetd(8) or by a wrapper program. (One simple authentication mechanism is to invoke tinyleaf via tcpd(8) from TCP wrappers and use /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny to restrict who can talk to the server.) tinyleaf has a (currently hard-coded) maximum message size of 1 MB and a (similarly hard-coded) timeout of ten minutes for each command or chunk of article data. EXAMPLE
Suppose that you want to archive news articles on a particular host (like the FTP server for a newsgroup archive) where you don't want the overhead of running a full-blown news server. Write a program that reads one line at a time from standard input and treats everything before the first space as the filename of a news article to archive. Each time the program reads a line, it should archive that file and then delete it, and it should exit when it gets end of file on standard input. Then, add a line like: nntp stream tcp nowait archive /usr/sbin/tcpd <pathbin>/tinyleaf <pathspool>/tinyleaf <pathbin>/archive (all on one line -- the backslash and split in this line is just for readability) where "archive" is the user that owns the archive, /usr/sbin/tcpd is the path to tcpd(8), pathbin/tinyleaf is the path to this program, pathspool/tinyleaf is some scratch directory that the user "archive" has write access to, and pathbin/archive is the path to your archive script. You can now restrict access to tinyleaf to just your local news server with "/etc/hosts.allow" and "/etc/hosts.deny" and set up an ordinary feed from the server to the archive host, just like you would to any other news server, of only the newsgroup that you want to archive. Note that the archiving script should probably perform basic syntax and validity checks on the input, since tinyleaf doesn't. This is the application that motivated the original development of this program. BUGS
The timeout and maximum message size should really be configurable. tinyleaf should also probably not just respond 500 to every command other than HELP, IHAVE, and QUIT; there are more useful (and more expected) error codes that could be returned. An option to scan the spool directory for any left-over files and pass them to the processor when starting up would be useful. HISTORY
Written by Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> for InterNetNews. $Id: tinyleaf.pod 8794 2009-11-15 09:28:19Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
hosts_access(5), inetd(8), tcpd(8). INN 2.5.3 2009-11-15 TINYLEAF(8)