Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat VM becomes slow every 3-4 days Post 302884294 by Scrutinizer on Monday 20th of January 2014 12:30:04 AM
Old 01-20-2014
Free memory looks low in the free -m output. If memory use is steadily increasing over those 3-4 days then you would need to look at that Java application. Is the heap size controlled, or is it allowed to just keep growing? Is VMStat showing high paging / swapping activity (there is some paging out in the output you posted)? If so, I would give the VM more memory.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-20-2014 at 02:02 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Slow

The site has gone slow for quite some time... Can you do somethin abt it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. SCO

Slow cd response

Hi All We have one SCO Server here and it never gives us any trouble. Until Now!! Well its not earth shattering but we have one user who is complaining of a very slow response time when changing to his Home Directory. Other users who have similar profiles are OK. I have su'd to this user and I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnOB
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

4. Solaris

ssh very slow

I'm facing a problem when trying to ssh to SUN servers with solaris OS,it takes a long time until prompted for password ..after connecting to the server everything work fine..how can I solve this issue??? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
11 Replies

5. SCO

Printer is slow

The syslog shows: FEB 5 17:42:07 NGXXXXX SYSLOG: SCOADM: LOCALHOST {SCO_NETWORKSPOOLER} {LPD} ERR OR SCO_OFACE_MSG_ERROR {ERROR {{SCO_OSA_ERR_PROCESSING_FAILURE {GENERAL FAILURE OCCURED IN PROCESSING THE REQUEST.}} {SCO_PRINTER_OSA_ERR_RLP_NOT_INSTALLED {THE TCP/IP RLP REMOTE PRINTING PACKAGE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

date for two days or 3 days ago

i need a script that can tell me the date 2 days ago or 3 days ago. please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working out days of the week and processing file in 3 working days

Hi guys i need advice on the approach to this one...... I have a file say called Thisfile.20130524.txt i need to work out from the date 20130524 what day of the week that was and then process the file in 3 working days. (so not counting saturday or sunday....(will not worry about bank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
GENKEY(1)						      Cryptography Utilities							 GENKEY(1)

NAME
genkey - generate SSL certificates and certificate requests SYNOPSIS
genkey [--test] [--days count] [[--genreq] | [--makeca] | [--nss] | [--renew] | [--cacert]] {hostname} DESCRIPTION
genkey is an interactive command-line tool which can be used to generate SSL certificates or Certificate Signing Requests (CSR). Generated certificates are stored in the directory /etc/pki/tls/certs/, and the corresponding private key in /etc/pki/tls/private/. When using mod_nss the private key is stored in the nss database. Consult the nss.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ for the location of the database. genkey will prompt for the size of key desired; whether or not to generate a CSR; whether or not an encrypted private key is desired; the certificate subject DN details. genkey generates random data for the private key using the truerand library and also by prompting the user for entry of random text. nss indicates that mod_nss database should be used to store keys and certificates. OPTIONS
--makeca Generate a Certificate Authority keypair and certificate. --genreq Generate a Certificate Signing Request for an existing private key, which can be submitted to a CA (for example, for renewal). --renew Used with --genreq to indicate a renewal, the existing keypair will be used. Certs and keys must reside in the nss database, therefore --nss is also required. Pem file based cert renewal is not currently supported. --cacert The certificate renewal is for a CA, needed for openssl certs only. --days count When generating a self-signed certificate, specify that the number of days for which the certificate is valid be count rather than the default value of 30. --test For test purposes only; omit the slow process of generating random data. EXAMPLES
The following example will create a self-signed certificate and private key for the hostname www.example.com: # genkey --days 120 www.example.com The following example will create a self-signed certificate and private key for the hostname www.nssexample.com which will be stored in cert and key in the nss database. If no nickname is given the tool will extract it from mod_nss's nss configuration file. # genkey --days --nss 120 www.nssexample.com The following example will generate a certificate signing request for a new mod_nss style cert specified by its nickname, Server-Cert: # genkey --genreq --nss --days 120 Server-Cert The following example will generate a certificate signing request for the renewal of an existing mod_nss cert specified by its nickname, Server-Cert: # genkey --genreq --renew --nss --days 120 Server-Cert FILES
/etc/pki/tls/openssl.cnf SEE ALSO
certwatch(1), keyrand(1) crypto-utils 2.4.1 9 June 2014 GENKEY(1)