Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Right driver for Intel card.. Post 302884135 by cantab81 on Friday 17th of January 2014 03:10:35 PM
Old 01-17-2014
Oracle

Here's a possible workaround.
The e100g driver in Solaris 11.1 does not recognize the NIC with PCI ID 8086,153a.

If I remember correctly, you can add a new e1000g entry in /etc/driver_aliases and perform a reconfiguration boot.

Hopefully the driver will then bind to the device (check modinfo) and you should be able to plumb it and get onto the network.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows driver needed for 1000 base tx card (HP)

First of all, excuse my ignorance in my questions, but truth is, I know nothing about Unix. I have recently purchased some A7012A's (dual port, 1000 base T/X) gigabit cards and need to use them in a windows environment. I am trying to see if it is possible to have drivers written for the card... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poaking
0 Replies

2. AIX

Need HBA card driver

Hi All, SUN emulex HBA card has been installed on P520 box. When i run the cfgmgr i am getting the following message. lpar2#cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Dual monitor for Intel 82915G & ATI Rage 128 card on FC6, Dell Optiplex Gx520

I want to setup dual monitor for the Dell Optiplex Gx520 computer. The motherboard has an Intel Corporation 82915G Integrated Graphics Controller. Then I add an ATI Rage 128 video card. The dual monitor work on Windows 2000 with the Intel chip as the primary screen and the ATI chip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TsanChung
0 Replies

4. SCO

install NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000

hi I have a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.6 and I have download a NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000: ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/drivers/eeG_5.0.7g/VOL.000.000 Howto install it using floppy? ---------- Post updated at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:18 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. SCO

intel 845gv chipset accelerated graphic driver

hi friends.i want to embedded intel 845gv chipset accelerated graphic driver to my xi graphic acceleratedx server ver 4.1 on sco unix .can any one help me to send this driver thanks very much. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mostafanabavi
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Trouble with broadcomm card Wifi driver build

I'm having trouble getting my WIFI card to work. It's Device ID is :0c:00.0 0280: 14e4:4315 (rev 01). My OS is BT5. The card works with Lucid just fine. I've gone to the Hardware drivers to try and download it but when I try I always get this: SystemError: installArchives()failedI've gone to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mt3ng4
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Linux Driver for SafeCom ( Texas Instruments ) Wireless Card

hi, would anyone know where to get a Linux ( Red Hat ) driver for a SafeCom ( i.e. Texas Instruments ) 11g WLAN card SWLPT 54108 ? It's quite an old card that only seems to come with windows drivers on its install disk. thanks, Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A

I'm looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A for Solaris. It used to be on sun-solve, but I fail to find it on the Oracle site. Any help would be very appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ira28
1 Replies
MY(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     MY(4)

NAME
my -- Myson Technology Ethernet PCI driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device my Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_my_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The my driver provides support for various NICs based on the Myson chipset. The Myson chipset is a variant of the DEC Tulip NIC chipset. The driver will work with almost any MII-compliant PHY, thus failure to positively identify the chip is not a fatal error. HARDWARE
The my driver provides support for various NICs based on the Myson chipset. Supported models include: o Myson MTD800 PCI Fast Ethernet chip o Myson MTD803 PCI Fast Ethernet chip o Myson MTD89X PCI Gigabit Ethernet chip SEE ALSO
altq(4), de(4), netintro(4), pci(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The my driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.6. AUTHORS
The my driver was written by Myson Technology Inc. This manual page was written by Hiten M. Pandya <hmp@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The my driver does not support Power Management Events (PME). BSD
March 11, 2007 BSD