Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Integrate RHEL with Active Directory Post 302884066 by stuffer1984 on Friday 17th of January 2014 10:02:44 AM
Old 01-17-2014
Gull,

is SSSD picking up GP from AD? have you got a technical diagram of how your using it within your network or could you describe this to me?

I.E
Windows replication between 2 DCS:
Windows 2012 DC1 - ADDS, DHCP, DNS
Windows 2012 DC2 - ADDS, DHCP, DNS

Windows 7 machine picks up from above

CentOS - DC3 GFS
RHEL - DC4 SSSD

Ubuntu machine, gets DHCP, DNS from Windows environment then looks through RHEL environment from SSSD in to Windows authentication?

Sorry is this totally wrong?

Stuart

Last edited by Scott; 01-17-2014 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Changed "Rehl" references to RHEL

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix and active directory

Hi Does anybody know the steps and requirements of the installation process of Windows Active Directory using Unix/Linux Bind DNS. I will appreciate if somebody gives the answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darwin Rodrigue
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Active Directory and UNIX

Hello - I have a very vague question, which will probably result in vague answers because I don't have a lot of detailed information and I don't know a whole lot about active directory. Our Windows/NT admin has been rolling out Active Directory over the past several weeks and as time goes on,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup active directory

i would like to ask about unix with active directory..actually my situation is at ny place there already have dns server in unix based,i want to implement an active directory to the network..from what i read about active directory we have to used bind dns...some say that bind could not handle in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nour
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX authenticating to Active Directory

Hey, I've asked questions about this project here before and gotten lots of help so I figured I'd give it another try. I've recently set up my HP-UX environment to authenticate to a Windows Active Directory server (Windows Server 2003 R2). I setup an account on Active Directory which works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rike255
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

ldap and active directory

Hi Friends, I need your help to get some solution of one of my problem. Ours is a mixed domain. Most of the servers are windows and very little linux servers. We are using the MS AD for authentication. My problem is, I want to authenticate linux servers against AD. I donot want to use any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active Directory with 6.1

Is there anyone who is utilizing Active Directory (2008R2) for AIX user account management? If yes or if AD is possible with AIX systems, can you please share what to be done to get there? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Active Directory OR LDAP

Hi, How can we check users added through LDAP or AD. Users added through a group of AD or LDAP group. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishit
2 Replies
ipa-client-automount(1) 					 IPA Manual Pages					   ipa-client-automount(1)

NAME
ipa-client-automount - Configure automount and NFS for IPA SYNOPSIS
ipa-client-automount [OPTION]... <location> DESCRIPTION
Configures automount for IPA. The automount configuration consists of three files: o /etc/nsswitch.conf o /etc/sysconfig/autofs o /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf By default this will use DNS discovery to attempt to determine the IPA server(s) to use. If IPA servers are discovered then the automount client will be configured to use DNS discovery. If DNS discovery fails or a specific server is desired, use the --server option. The default automount location is named default. To specify a different one use the --location option. The IPA client must already be configured in order to configure automount. The IPA client is configured as part of a server installation. There are two ways to configure automount. The default is to use sssd to manage the automount maps. Alternatively autofs can configured to bind to LDAP over GSSAPI and authenticate using the machine's host principal. The nsswitch automount service is configured to use either sss or ldap and files depending on whether SSSD is configured or not. NFSv4 is also configured. The rpc.gssd and rpc.idmapd are started on clients to support Kerberos-secured mounts. OPTIONS
--server=SERVER Set the IPA server to connect to --location=LOCATION Automount location -S, --no-sssd Do not configure the client to use SSSD for automount -d, --debug Print debugging information to stdout -U, --unattended Unattended installation. The user will not be prompted --uninstall Restore the automount configuration files FILES
Files that will be always be configured: /etc/nsswitch.conf Files that will be configured when SSSD is the automount client (default): /etc/sssd/sssd.conf Files that will be configured when using the ldap automount client: /etc/sysconfig/autofs /etc/autofs_ldap_auth.conf EXIT STATUS
0 if the installation was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
May 25 2012 ipa-client-automount(1)