Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Autofs issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Autofs issue Post 302884062 by maverick_here on Friday 17th of January 2014 09:44:42 AM
Old 01-17-2014
Autofs issue

Hi

I'm trying to use autofs to mount a directory structure. I have a directory with sub directories in it and all of them mounted on their respective filesystems

Code:
/dbname                      /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Home
/dbname/oracle00           /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Data00
/dbname/oracle01          /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Data01
/dbname/oracle02              /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-Data02
/dbname/processing/logs           /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-logs
/dbname/processing/archive        /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-archive
/dbname/processing/data           /dev/mapper/vg_dbname-data

When I try to mount them on a remote server using autofs, I can access /dbname and list all its contents how ever if i go to /dbname/processing/data which is different filesystem i do not see any of its contents.

Please advise.

Thanks
Syed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat autofs

hello all, I have a problem that just seem to show up. I was using autofs to mount home directory. It was working for about two week and now is just tsop working. I rebooted the erver and still not working. I can manually mount the directory but unable to mount via autofs. From the client I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

2. AIX

Autofs

Hi Guys, Autofs works fine on AIX 5.2, but the same thing is not getting mounted automatically on AIX 5.3.. Is there ant difference for autofs confiiguration between 5.2 and 5.3 Thanks & Regards Manu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

3. Solaris

autofs

hi tell me difference between direct automount and indirect automount. thanks you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

autofs error

Hi Friends, I am trying to configure autofs on rhel5.3 64bit to automount the nfs shares. It was working fine when i configured it first. After some days i can see its not working. i can see the below sepcified error on the log file. automount: rmdir_path: lstat of /NFS/test failed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Autofs

what are all the advantages of direct map and indirect map in 'AUTOFS' and which one is better for our usage (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Automount through Autofs

I am trying to automount one of my NFS share to my client machine but it is not mounting here is the scenario : My server machine ip : 192.168.1.100 My client machine ip is : 192.168.1.102 on client machine i have configured the /etc/auto.master file : /share(My mount point) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS issue with autofs in CentOS 6.3

I am running CentOS 6.3 as a VM on a host which has the same installation. I configured my NFS server and I am guessing it works. I say guessing because I can mount the desired folder with mount command on my client machine. So, when I run: mount -t nfs -o vers=3 vm2.domain.com:/nethome /nethit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

AUTOFS/NIS permission issue

This is unfortunately for a Tru64 5.1 PK4 system. I have Autofs running and it seems to read and mount the NIS maps, however, on a couple of maps, eventhough is says (rw), the user home directory of /home is (ro). See cut and paste Below. This prevents the automounting of Users home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Autofs not mount

Hi all, Please help! After my solaris 10 is rebooted, I found my autofs seems not mounting the file systems. I restart autofs service : #svcadm -v restart svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default Action restart set for svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default. But still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaiwen Gong
1 Replies

10. Fedora

Autofs problem

Hi all, I'm having trouble getting autofs working on a new install of Scientific Linux 7.2. I have the files /etc/auto.master, /etc/auto/homes and /etc/auto.misc and /auto.direct setup, and they are copies of files on a working SL 6 machine. I can include the contents of the files at the end... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HuntWilliamR
0 Replies
AUTOMOUNTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     AUTOMOUNTD(8)

NAME
automountd -- daemon handling autofs mount requests SYNOPSIS
automountd [-D name=value] [-i] [-m maxproc] [-o options] [-d] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The automountd daemon is responsible for handling autofs(5) mount requests, parsing maps, and mounting filesystems they specify. On startup, automountd forks into background and waits for kernel requests. When a request is received, automountd forks a child process. The child process parses the appropriate map and mounts filesystems accordingly. Then it signals the kernel to release blocked processes that were waiting for the mount. -D Define a variable. -i For indirect mounts, only create subdirectories if there are no wildcard entries. Without -i, automountd creates all the subdirectories it can. Users may not realize that the wildcard map entry makes it possible to access directories that have not yet been created. -m maxproc Limit the number of forked automountd processes, and thus the number of mount requests being handled in parallel. The default is 30. -d Debug mode: increase verbosity and do not daemonize. -o options Specify mount options. Options specified here ill be overridden by options entered in maps or auto_master(5). -v Increase verbosity. EXIT STATUS
The automountd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
auto_master(5), autofs(5), automount(8), autounmountd(8) HISTORY
The automountd daemon appeared in FreeBSD 10.1. AUTHORS
The automountd was developed by Edward Tomasz Napierala <trasz@FreeBSD.org> under sponsorship from the FreeBSD Foundation. BSD
April 20, 2014 BSD