Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] Weird 'ls -l' output Post 302883995 by carpannav on Friday 17th of January 2014 06:29:42 AM
Old 01-17-2014
No, there's no alias for ls. I'm avoiding this calling directly /bin/ls -l (with the same result)
Neither have such variables for cols or tabs I guess. See a piece of the set result:
Code:
COLUMNS=207
EDITOR=vi
ERRNO=0
FCEDIT=/usr/bin/ed
HISTFILE=/.sh_history
HOME=/
IFS='
'

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by Scott; 01-17-2014 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Code tags...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Weird bootlist output

just setup a new system today - 9117 570, using HMC for console but not partitioned. I installed this system twice. the first time it started off as 5300-00, then updated to ML03. before the update, I believe I mirrored the rootvg, and then altered the bootlist, at that point, the display was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: davew1099
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

weird echo output?

#!/bin/bash INPUT=$1 if then INPUT=0$1 TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT fi TRACKNUMBER=$INPUT echo "Track Number:" $TRACKNUMBER if then echo "File Does Not Exist!: split-track"${TRACKNUMBER}".wav" exit 0 fi CUEFILE="$2" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

format of output is weird

hi all, have a ksh script which connects to a database and runs a sql and dumps it to a '.csv' file. The problem is the result is in multiple rows with long spaces in between when it should be just a single line and this screws up the format in the '.csv' file. script is : #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

weird 'ls' output

Hi, Anyone knows why I can't display the contents of my directory and how to fix this? http://i50.tinypic.com/4smfth.jpg Thanks in advance for any advise. Deanne Double post. Continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash getting weird output from function ?

My script- result="" times() { echo "inside the times function" result=8 echo "Inside function $result" return $result } result=$(times) echo "the value is "$? echo "the value of result $result" when I run I get this, why the value still remain 0. $ ./func the value is 0 the value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traceroute script weird output

This script is giving weird output #!/bin/bash NETPATH=(`/bin/traceroute -n 4.2.2.2 | awk '{print $2}'`) for i in "${NETPATH}" do echo $i done The output: to 11.11.11.1 1.1.1.1 99.111.208.2 traceroute_test.sh traceroute_test.sh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumbs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird tail output over ssh

Hello; Am trying to correct the formatting of tail output over ssh. Using the following code: echo "" > $FILE for BOX in $SERVERS do echo "Processing on $BOX" |tee -a $FILE echo "===============================" >> $FILE sudo ssh $BOX 'TERMINAL="vt100" /usr/bin/sh -s' <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Weird files to delete

Hi, I created some files with a script and I don't know yet where I did a mistake but the script created some "weird" files... prd01,/tmp # ls -al total 706184 -rw-r----- 1 root system 34 Aug 27 16:10 hdisk3BB hdisk3 hdisk3BB.tmp drwxrwxrwt 51 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] weird in find -exec command

i feel weird with this 2 command find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec rm -f {}\; find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec ls -lrt {}\; the first one return correct which only delete those filename that consist *test* where second command it listed all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird output from ps command

Hi Guys, I am regular Solaris user. I came across a weird problem that puzzled me. Hope you guys can help. I found that process's state(command & arguments) in two different variants of ps command is different. Can anyone explain how is this possible? bash-3.2$ ps -eLo pid,s,comm,args |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
2 Replies
cr(1)                                                         General Commands Manual                                                        cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)