Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Mirrorvg to different multiple disks Post 302883937 by bakunin on Thursday 16th of January 2014 07:52:47 PM
Old 01-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckwan
Thanks for the reply. Can I conclude that if to mirrorvg to one disk I do not require perform extendvg unless more than 1 disk ?
No, quite the opposite: you can use the "mirrorvg" command only on disks you added with "extendvg" before.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many disks do I have?

Hi How do I check how many disks do I have in Solaris & HP-UX? Also what does this mean c9t1d5 in /dev/dsk what is c, t, d etc cheers (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: g-e-n-o
8 Replies

2. Solaris

New Array of disks

I was just curious if anyone has a good tutorial or some info about how I can create and add an array of disks to solaris 8 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRaider
11 Replies

3. Solaris

disks in solaris

whats the command to find name of all disks. Is it iostat -En ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Re-using disks

I would like to know if I can move the disks from a V240 chassis into a V440 chassis to use the increased resources (CPU & Memory) to boost performance. I know you can move disks between V210/240 chassis's, but I'm not sure if this would work between 240s & 440s. Any help would be much appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

FC related disks

Dear Friends, I would like know what are FC related disks and how it will be viewed by generic OSes (Unix, Unix like, Windows & etc.) AFAIK it is viewed by generic OS as SCSI. Can we have FC related disks as internal storage(physically) of general purpose machine (Server / PC /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Get # of disks as non-root

I'm trying to figure if there are commands I can run as non-root/non-privileged users to figure out the number of disks. I know I can use format but it needs root. Any idea? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PPPP
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for help with script to assign all disk space to slice#0 on multiple disks of varying sizes

Hi Folks, I am trying to make a script to assign all diskspace to slice 0, on multiple sized disks. Since the disks are new they may need to be labelled also to avoid the error: Cannot get disk geometry Below is my code struggling with logic which doesn't seem to be producing the desired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Broken Disks (?)

Hello Folks, I´m a New Unix admin (by forceps) and I got a warning from one server saying: Solaris Volume Manager: hostnamehere: metacheck: Report: Mon May 14 18:45:00 BRT 2012 -------------------------------------------------------------- metacheck: metadb problem, for more detail run: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxb368@motorola
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to know the progress of HA C-SPOC Mirrorvg?

Hi, Anyone know how to check the progress of the HACMP C-SPOC mirror for the vg ? I know there is lsvg -l <appvg>, it show the open/stale .. but I couldn't see the progress of it. Your feedback is very appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies
diskscan(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      diskscan(1M)

NAME
diskscan - perform surface analysis SYNOPSIS
diskscan [-W] [-n] [-y] raw_device DESCRIPTION
diskscan is used by the system administrator to perform surface analysis on a portion of a hard disk. The disk portion may be a raw parti- tion or slice; it is identified using its raw device name. By default, the specified portion of the disk is read (non-destructive) and errors reported on standard error. In addition, a progress report is printed on standard out. The list of bad blocks should be saved in a file and later fed into addbadsec(1M), which will remap them. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n Causes diskscan to suppress linefeeds when printing progress information on standard out. -W Causes diskscan to perform write and read surface analysis. This type of surface analysis is destructive and should be invoked with caution. -y Causes diskscan to suppress the warning regarding destruction of existing data that is issued when -W is used. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: raw_device The address of the disk drive (see FILES). FILES
The raw device should be /dev/rdsk/c?[t?]d?[ps]?. See disks(1M) for an explanation of SCSI and IDE device naming conventions. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
addbadsec(1M), disks(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), format(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The format(1M) utility is available to format, label, analyze, and repair SCSI disks. This utility is included with the diskscan, addbad- sec(1M), fdisk(1M), and fmthard(1M) commands available for x86. To format an IDE disk, use the DOS format utility; however, to label, ana- lyze, or repair IDE disks on x86 systems, use the Solaris format(1M) utility. SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 diskscan(1M)