Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Replace first occurrence after match Post 302883819 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 16th of January 2014 08:12:05 AM
Old 01-16-2014
Try:
Code:
sed '/Sheep/,/you/s/you/us/' file

Last edited by vbe; 01-16-2014 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: typo: missing final ' ...
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print last occurrence if first field match

Hi All, I have an input below. If the term in the 1st column is equal, print the last row which 1st column is equal.In the below example, it's " 0001 k= 27 " and " 0004 k= 6 " (depicted in bold). Those terms in 1st column which are not repetitive are to be printed as well. Can any body help me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

last occurrence of a match through multiple files

Hi all, I have a lot of files with extension ".o" and I would like to extract the 10th line after (last) occurrence of a given string in each of the files. I tried: $ grep "string_to_look_for" *.o -A 10 | tail -1 but it gives the occurrence in the last file with extension .o ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to replace exact match, not first occurrence.

Lets say I have file.txt: (Product:Price:QuantityAvailable) (: as delimiter) Chocolate:5:5 Banana:33:3 I am doing a edit/update function. I want to change the Quantity Available, so I tried using the SED command to replace 5, but my Price which is also 5 is changed instead. (for the Banana... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylbh
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed/awk print between patterns the first occurrence

Guys, I am trying the following: i have a log file of a webbap which logs in the following pattern: 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla bla 2011-08-14 21:10:04,535 blablabla ERROR blablabla bla bla bla ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppolianidis
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print from last occurrence match until the end of file

Hi, i have file f1.txt with data like: CHECK a b CHECK c d CHECK e f JOB_START .... I want to match the last occurrence of 'CHECK' until the end of the file. I can use awk: awk '/^CHECK/ { buf = "" } { buf = buf "\n" $0 } END { print buf }' f1.txt | tail +2Is there a cleaner way of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Awk: count occurrence of each character for every field

Hi, let's say an input looks like: A|C|C|D A|C|I|E A|B|I|C A|T|I|B as the title of the thread explains, I am trying to get something like: 1|A=4 2|C=2|B=1|T=1 3|I=3|C=1 4|D=1|E=1|C=1|B=1 i.e. a count of every character in each field (first column of output) independently, sorted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Last occurrence of a string

I apologize if it was asked before but I couldn't find something related. I want to replace 2 strings in a file e.g pwddb=Lar1wod (need to replace string after =) pwdapp=Wde2xe (need to replace string after =) AND in same file want to find last occurrence of a string (SR2-134561),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep - Only Match First Occurrence

echo 'String#1 and String#2' | egrep -o -m 1 'String#.{1}' String#1 String#2 I'm trying to just match the first occurrence of 'String#' + 1 character. I thought the "-m 1" switch would do that for me. Instead I get both occurrences. Can somebody provide some insight? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code for exact match to count occurrence

Hi all, I have an input file as below. I would like to count the occurrence of pattern matching 8th field for each line. Input: field_01 field_02 field_03 field_04 field_05 field_06 field_07 field_08 TA T TA T TA TA TA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print from last occurrence match until the end of last occurrence match

Hi, i have file file.txt with data like: START 03:11:30 a 03:11:40 b END START 03:13:30 eee 03:13:35 fff END jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj START 03:14:30 eee 03:15:30 fff END ggggggggggg iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I want the below output START (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jyotshna
13 Replies
apertium-lextor(1)														apertium-lextor(1)

NAME
apertium-lextor - This application is part of ( apertium ) This tool is part of the apertium machine translation architecture: http://apertium.org. SYNOPSIS
apertium-lextor --trainwrd stopwords words n left right corpus model [ --weightexp w ] [ --debug ] apertium-lextor --trainlch stopwords lexchoices n left right corpus wordmodel dic bildic model [ --weightexp w ] [ --debug ] apertium-lextor --lextor model dic left right [ --debug ] [ --weightexp w ] DESCRIPTION
apertium-lextor is the application responsible for training and usage of the lexical selector module. OPTIONS
--trainwrd | -t Train word co-occurrences model. It needs the following required parameters: stopwords file containing a list of stop words. Stop words are ignored. words file containing a list of words. For each word a co-occurrence model is built. n number of words per co-occurrence model (for each model, the n most frequent words). left left-side context to take into account (number of words). right right-side context to take into account (number of words). corpus file containing the training corpus. model output file on which the co-occurrence models are saved. --trainlch | -r Train lexical choices co-occurrence models using a target language co-occurrence model and a bilingual dictionary. It needs the following required parameters: stopwords file containing a list of stop words. Stop words are ignored. lexchoices file containing a list of lexical choices. For each lexical choice a co-occurrence model is built. n number of words per co-occurrence model (for each model, the n most frequent words). left left-side context to take into account (number of words). right right-side context to take into account (number of words). corpus file containing the training corpus. wordmodel target-language word co-occurrence model (previously trained by means of the --trainwrd option). dic the lexical-selection dictionary (binary format). bildic the bilingual dictionary (binary format). model output file on which the co-occurrence models are saved. --lextor | -l Perform the lexical selection on the input stream. It needs the following required parameters: model file containing the model to be used for the lexical selection. dic lexical-selection dictionary (binary format). left left-side context to take into account (number of words). right right-side context to take into account (number of words). --weightexp w Specify a weight value to change the influence of surrounding words while training or performing the lexical selection. The parameter w must be a positive value. --debug | -d Show debug information while working. --help | -h Shows this help. --version | -v Shows license information. SEE ALSO
apertium-gen-lextorbil(1), apertium-preprocess-corpus-lextor(1), apertium-gen-stopwords-lextor(1), apertium-gen-wlist-lextor(1), aper- tium-gen-wlist-lextor-translation(1), apertium-lextor-eval(1), apertium-lextor-mono(1). BUGS
Lots of...lurking in the dark and waiting for you! AUTHOR
(c) 2005,2006 Universitat d'Alacant / Universidad de Alicante. All rights reserved. 2006-12-12 apertium-lextor(1)