Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need sequence no in the grep output Post 302883758 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 09:51:26 PM
Old 01-15-2014
So the above is your desired output, but what does the input file look like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

output of grep

hi, why the following is giving entire /etc/passwd file as output even when it does not contain ^ or $ . grep ' ' /etc/passwd whereas the following is not giving any output grep ' ^$ ' /etc/passwd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To grep in sequence

Hi, I have a log file containg records in sequence <CRMSUB:MSIN=2200380,BSNBC=TELEPHON-7553&TS21-7716553&TS22-7716553,NDC=70,MSCAT=ORDINSUB,SUBRES=ONAOFPLM,ACCSUB=BSS,NUMTYP=SINGLE; <ENTROPRSERV:MSIN=226380,OPRSERV=OCSI-PPSMOC-ACT-DACT&TCSI-PPSMTC-ACT-DACT&UCSI-USSD;... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: helplineinc
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with grep output

Hello, I have a list of stings that I'm using with grep to determine which files contain the strings. Here's what I have now: list of strings in a file (list.txt): /directory/direc tory/file.jsp /dire ctory/directory/direct ory/file.jsp grep I'm doing to find files that contain the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upstate_boy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep output

From below mentioned line,i have to display output as last word only ie:arch_1_105366_720809746.dbf -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 98887680 02 Mar 12:01 arch_1_105366_720809746.dbf Please .. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep output

hi i am running grep -c on a bunch of files some of which may be non existent. The output i get is in the same order as the files grep checks and this is what i want as i need to copy the output to a spreadsheet. However when i tried to pipe the output to sed to strip away the filenames and just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chronics
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Grep doesn't understand escape sequence?

I ran the following grep and sed command. grep "\t" emp.txt sed -n '/\t/p' emp.txt grep treated the '\' as to escape t and took the pattern as literal t whereas sed took the pattern as tab. That means , grep doesn't understand escape sequence!!!!!! what to do to make grep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the desired output and output to a file?

currently I have process from a raw file to this stage ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_VOID" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_VOID" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_IID") ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_AMT" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_AMT" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_AMT_IID") ALTER TABLE... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regex to ignore sequence only if surrounded by fwd-slashes

Hi, I've got a regex match to perform in a Bash script and can't quite get it right. Basically I want to match all IP address like sequences in a file which may or may not contain an IP address but with the extra qualification of ignoring any IP-like sequence which begins and ends with a... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
27 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to have the output in grep?

Hi guys - I am trying to have a certain file display information horizontally divided by a pipe. for example file name: foo.dat has information like this: name1 name2 name3 namenamename4 namene5 I would like it to display like this: name1|name2|name3|namenamename4|namene5 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
6 Replies
META2BMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						       META2BMP(1)

NAME
meta2bmp - convert metafile to Windows Bitmap (BMP) File SYNOPSIS
meta2bmp [ -c | -r ][ -x width ][ -y height ][ -m minrad ][ -o outname ] file .. DESCRIPTION
Meta2bmp reads each metafile file in sequence and converts it to a compressed, color-mapped BMP file. The result is sent to the standard output (which must be redirected) unless the -o option is used. The argument to the -o option specifies the base file name, to which a page number and ".bmp" is added as a suffix. Note that this option must be present in order to produce more than a single page of output. The default output resolution is 400 by 400, but a different resolution can be given with the -x and -y options. The -m option can be used to set a minimum value for the line radius in pixels. This may be helpful for improving the readability of high resolution output. The default value is 0, which allows lines of one pixel thickness. If the option -c is specified, the input files are only conditioned for output, ie. expanded (see pexpand). This is useful if many copies of the same output is desired. If the option -r is instead specified, the input is assumed already to be conditioned. If no input files are specified, the standard input is read. EXAMPLE
To convert the plots examp1.plt and examp2.plt to 1024x1024 Targa files: bgraph examp1.plt examp2.plt | meta2bmp -o examp -x 1024 -y 1024 FILES
see pexpand(1) and psort(1) AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
bgraph(1), igraph(1), meta2tga(1), pexpand(1), psmeta(1), psort(1), ra_t8(1) RADIANCE
6/24/98 META2BMP(1)