Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error with ignite
Operating Systems HP-UX Error with ignite Post 302883582 by vbe on Wednesday 15th of January 2014 09:47:58 AM
Old 01-15-2014
We dont know much about your systems... so difficult to help, and I dont use GUI...
but look here:
http://hpux.ch/images/0/06/CustomConfigurationFiles.pdf
bottom p17 and folowwing...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20

Hello All, I need to bring down our old 9000 series d350, but my supervisor wants an ignite backup created. I cannot find ignite in the usual places (/opt/ignite) nor can I find it in swlist. As far as I can tell the cd's are long gone. Is there anywhere else I could look for ignite being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ignite hp-ux, which is the equivalent in solaris?

functions... ---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:22 PM ---------- sorry i didnīt put the header in the message. i use to add this to cron in hp-ux for do the ignite 00 00 1,15 * * /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s <IGNITE SERVER> -n 1 -P s -u -x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

Ignite

Hi Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Ignite recovery issue.

On one of the Hpvm server when I try to do the ignite recovery it aborts after recovering only 30 % of the archive. I do not have any other archive backup besides this. Even after restoring the 30 archive I could see that I am able to login to that server althoug ssh and other functionalities... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)