Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to know which process is causing the closed_wait? Post 302883240 by Yoda on Sunday 12th of January 2014 12:51:43 PM
Old 01-12-2014
You could run netstat and then run lsof with -i option:
Code:
lsof -i [ipv4/ipv6][protocol][@hostname|hostaddr][:service|port]

Check lsof manual for further reference.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

HTML is causing problems

I have to suggest that we turn HTML back off. The problem is that angle brackets are used in code and this is causing stuff to get dropped from posts. I know that we can use the constructs that PxT mentions in this thread. But look how hard it is to educate folks about code tags and the search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Causing a disk to be corrupt

Hmm, how to ask this without sounding too malicious... How might one go about causing a disk corruption in OS X specifically or via the command line in UNIX in general? Doesnt matter the severity of the problem, I just want to scare the person a little, then fix the problem for them. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yummator
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Memory error causing reboot

Hi there I have a box that at 4pm started recieving soft errors on a DIMM, normally this is ok and we have time to swap it out. But I got the following error which caused the box to reboot NOTE: there were abount 6 or 7 normal "soft error encountered" messages before this one Nov 7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GCC causing problems it seems.

Hi, I seem to be getting errors in relation to GCC it seems as I cant upgrade alot of pkgs until I can upgrade or use a later version of GCC. The error I get is along the lines of ( cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-pointer-sign" *** Error code 1 ) Anyway I was wondering if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup causing issues

Hi folks... I really need some help soon with this issue I am having when I run my script using 'nohup'. Below is a function 'checkReturn' that my script uses to check whether other functions or tasks errored out with a non-zero exit code. function checkReturn { if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using tee causing need for extra newlines.

I am working on capturing lines of output from a korn script that is used to import optical disks into a jukebox. The script is running on Solaris 8. Insertdiscs calls the binary named vimport which starts up and prompts for a disk to be inserted. I am able to capture output with this line below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buggin
3 Replies

7. AIX

Which Process is causing Paging?

Hello On one of our systems (AIX 5) I am seeing (vmstat) paging intermittently I want to know which process is causing the paging? I understand that first I would need to find out which process is consuming most memory 1) Is that right? 2) How to find it out? 3) By googling I found... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
8 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
DDB(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    DDB(8)

NAME
ddb -- configure DDB kernel debugger properties SYNOPSIS
ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] print ddb capture [-M -core] [-N -system] status ddb script scriptname ddb script scriptname=script ddb scripts ddb unscript scriptname ddb pathname DESCRIPTION
The ddb utility configures certain aspects of the ddb(4) kernel debugger from user space that are not configured at compile-time or easily via sysctl(8) MIB entries. To ease configuration, commands can be put in a file which is processed using ddb as shown in the last synopsis line. An absolute pathname must be used. The file will be read line by line and applied as arguments to the ddb utility. Whitespace at the beginning of lines will be ignored as will lines where the first non-whitespace character is '#'. OUTPUT CAPTURE
The ddb utility can be used to extract the contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer of the current live kernel, or from the crash dump of a kernel on disk. The following debugger commands are available from the command line: capture [-M core] [-N system] print Print the current contents of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. capture [-M core] [-N system] status Print the current status of the ddb(4) output capture buffer. SCRIPTING
The ddb utility can be used to configure aspects of ddb(4) scripting from user space; scripting support is described in more detail in ddb(4). Each of the debugger commands is available from the command line: script scriptname Print the script named scriptname. script scriptname=script Define a script named scriptname. As many scripts contain characters interpreted in special ways by the shell, it is advisable to enclose script in quotes. scripts List currently defined scripts. unscript scriptname Delete the script named scriptname. EXIT STATUS
The ddb utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following example defines a script that will execute when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a break signal: ddb script kdb.enter.break="show pcpu; bt" The following example will delete the script: ddb unscript kdb.enter.break For further examples, see the ddb(4) and textdump(4) manual pages. SEE ALSO
ddb(4), textdump(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The ddb utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Robert N M Watson BUGS
Ideally, ddb would not exist, as all pertinent aspects of ddb(4) could be configured directly via sysctl(8). BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD