Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Post An Interesting Video
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Post An Interesting Video Post 302883142 by wisecracker on Saturday 11th of January 2014 05:28:42 AM
Old 01-11-2014
I have been watching this series of videos from MIT and I am at 3B ATM...
Am I any the wiser? Erm, probably not! ;oD

A full LISP course...

1A: Overview and Introduction to Lisp | Video Lectures | Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs | Electrical Engineering and Computer Science | MIT OpenCourseWare

Amazes me what knowledge can be gained from reputable sources on the W.W.W.
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part I)

See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. While My Guitar Gently Weeps by George Harrison and Friends 0ITrQXES8kU (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
16 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part II)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Throwing Fire At The Sun by Heather Nova QXq44BPL-wo (11 Replies)
11 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part III)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Operator by Jim Croce A2iS8XctJKo (9 Replies)
9 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part IV)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Beyond The Invisible by Enigma hx2jrunyGjE (16 Replies)
16 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part V)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with.... Octavarium by Dream Theater xK3qylwd-M0 (9 Replies)
9 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part VII)

We post videos by linking them in from youtube. Videos from other sites are not absolutely forbidden, but we know that youtube won't tolerate videos that we won't tolerate. We have instructions on how to post youtube videos: How to use youtube tags. Please follow the format in those instructions to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
11 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part VI)

A few years ago we had a series of threads where we posted music videos. Let's try another one and see what happens. :) We post videos by linking them in from youtube. Videos from other sites are not absolutely forbidden, but we know that youtube won't tolerate videos that we won't... (18 Replies)
18 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Post a Cool Music Video (Part VIII)

We've all heard this, right? 9bZkp7q19f0 Post some cool music...! You may want to review the earlier threads:Part I Part II Part III Part IV Part V Part VI Part VII (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
3 Replies
LISP(1) 	     General Commands Manual		  LISP(1)

NAME
lisp - lisp interpreter SYNOPSIS
lisp DESCRIPTION
Lisp is a provisional lisp interpreter. It only runs in eval mode. Built in functions are named in lower case, and case is distinguished. It is being transmuted from a subset of lisp as provided by the Harvard UNIX lisp in use at UCB, to a subset of MIT's MACLISP. The following functions are provided as machine code: Lambda functions: atom dptr load putd rplacd bcdp drain null putprop set car eq numberp ratom terpr cdr equal outfile read close eval patom readc concat get pntlen retbrk cons getd portp return cont infile print rplaca Nlambda functions (possibly simulating ones which are normally lambdas): add1 difference onep quotient zerop and exit or reset break go plus setq cond minus product sub1 cond mod prog sum def not quote times The following functions are provided as lisp code (and at the moment must be read in by saying (load 'auxfns): add copy length numbp append defevq linelength pp_etc apply* defprop member reverse charcnt defprop memcar terpri chrct diff memcdr conc last nconc All of the above functions are documented in the ``Harvard Lisp Manual.'' The following functions are provided as in MIT's MACLISP. alphalessp do mapc setsyntax apply explodec mapcar throw ascii exploden prog2 tyi catch funcall progn tyipeek defun implode progv tyo ``Hairy control structure'' is provided by the Nlambda (process command inport outport) where command is an atom whose print name is some command that you would wish typed at the terminal, e.g. ``neqn | nroff -ms''; where inport and outport are atoms which will be bound to port descriptors for use in communication with the subprocess. Inport is a port to a pipe which will be read by the subprocess as its standard input. If Inport is nil (or not present), the subprocess inherits the standard input, and lisp waits for the subprocess to die. If Inport is the atom t lisp continues without waiting. AUTHORS
Originally written by Jeff Levinsky, Mike Curry, and John Breedlove. Keith Sklower made it work and is maintaining the current version. The garbage collector was implemented by Bill Rowan. SEE ALSO
Harvard UNIX Lisp Manual MACLISP Manual UCB Franz Lisp Manual BUGS
The status bits for setsyntax are not the same as for MACLISP. Closing down a pipe doesn't always seem to work correctly. Arrays are not implemented in version 1. 3rd Berkeley Distribution LISP(1)