Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Matching multiple variables Post 302882672 by popeye on Wednesday 8th of January 2014 01:50:58 PM
Old 01-08-2014
This is working I suppose .... kind of crappy though .. I just play around with $a, $b, $c to test behavior. Is there a better way ?

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
$a = 3;
$b ;
$c = 3;

if ((defined $a) && (!defined $b) && (!defined $c)) {};

if ((defined $a) && (defined $b) && (defined $c)) { 
     print "all defined\n";
      if (!allequal($a, $b, $c)) { 
       print "They're not all equal!\n";
      }
  }

if ((defined $a) && (defined $b) && (!defined $c)) {
     print "only \$a $a and \$b $b are defined. But not \$c $c\n";
      if (!allequal($a, $b)) {
      }
  }

if ((defined $a) && (!defined $b) && (defined $c)) {
     print "only \$a $a and \$c $c are defined. But not \$b $b\n";
      if (!allequal($a, $c)) {
      }
  }

sub allequal {
 my $first = shift;
 for (@_) {
  return 0 unless $first == $_;
 }
 return 1;
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl basic multiple pattern matching

Hi everyone, and thank you for your help with this. I am VERY new with perl so all of your help is appreciated. I have tried google but as I don't know the proper terms to search for and could be daunting for a newbie scripter... I know this is very easy for most of you! Thanks! I have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinusoid
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex matching multiple lines

I need a way to extract data from X 4T Solution 21 OCT 2011 37 .00 to account 12345678 User1 user2 X 4T Solution Solution Unlimited 11 Sep 2009 248 .00 to account 87654321 user3 user4 I need it to extract 'X' '37.00' and account number 12345678. I have extracted above stuff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with checking that 2 variables contain matching characters

hi i am writing a hangman script and am having trouble checking the correct letters against the word i need the script to compare the word against the letters guessed that are correct so once all the letters within the word have been guessed it will alow me to create a wining senario eg ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsecer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script: matching multiple lines error

Dear Perl users, Could somebody help me how to fix my code so I can get my desired output. Here is the data: Pattern Gabriel halo1 halo2 end Pattern Andreas halo1 halo2 endI want to grep multiple lines between the pattern /Pattern Gabriel / and /end/. Then I will store the output into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
Poet::Import(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Poet::Import(3pm)

NAME
Poet::Import -- Import Poet quick vars and utilities SYNOPSIS
# In a script... use Poet::Script qw($conf $poet $log :file); # In a module... use Poet qw($conf $poet $log :file); DESCRIPTION
Poet makes it easy to import certain variables (known as "quick vars") and utility sets into any script or module in your environment. In a script: use Poet::Script qw(...); and in a module: use Poet qw(...); where "..." contains one or more quick var names (e.g. $conf, $poet) and/or utility tags (e.g. ":file", ":web"). (Note that "use Poet::Script" is also necessary for initializing the environment, even if you don't care to import anything, whereas "use Poet" has no effect other than importing.) QUICK VARS
Here is the built-in list of quick vars you can import. Some of the variables are singletons, and some of them are specific to each package they are imported into. $poet The global environment object, provided by Poet::Environment. This provides information such as the root directory and paths to subdirectories. For backward compatibility this is also available as $env. $conf The global configuration object, provided by Poet::Conf. $cache The cache for the current package, provided by Poet::Cache. $log The logger for the current package, provided by Poet::Log. UTILITIES
Default utilities The utilities in Poet::Util::Debug are always imported, with no tag necessary. :file This tag imports all the utilities in Poet::Util::File. :web This tag imports all the utilities in Poet::Util::Web. It is automatically included in all Mason components. MASON COMPONENTS
Every Mason component automatically gets this on top: use Poet qw($conf $poet :web); "$m->cache" and "$m->log" will get you the cache and log objects for a particular Mason component. CUSTOMIZING
Adding variables To add your own variable, define a method called provide_var_varname in "MyApp::Import". For example to add a variable $dbh: package MyApp::Import; use Poet::Moose; extends 'Poet::Import'; method provide_var_dbh ($caller) { # Generate and return a dbh. # $caller is the package importing the variable. # $poet is the current Poet environment. } "provide_dbh" can return a single global value, or a dynamic value depending on $caller. Now your scripts and libraries can do use Poet::Script qw($dbh); use Poet qw($dbh); Adding utility tags To add your own utility tag, define a class "MyApp::Util::Mytagname" that exports a set of functions via the ':all' tag. For example: package MyApp::Util::Hash; use Hash::Util qw(hash_seed all_keys); use Hash::MoreUtils qw(slice slice_def slice_exists); our @EXPORT_OK = qw(hash_seed all_keys slice slice_def slice_exists); our %EXPORT_TAGS = ( 'all' => @EXPORT_OK ); 1; Now your scripts and libraries can do use Poet::Script qw(:hash); use Poet qw(:hash); SEE ALSO
Poet AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 Poet::Import(3pm)