Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find and rename of particular pattern in file.? Post 302882593 by PikK45 on Wednesday 8th of January 2014 04:11:03 AM
Old 01-08-2014
I am not understanding the requirement of yours and the commands that you run.

Code:
echo "Please provide the file name Corresponding to DC..."
read file 
ls $HOME/*.txt | grep $file --> You are checking the existence of the file
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
find . $file -name "*.txt" -exec bash -c "mv {} \`echo {} | sed -e 's/[_TEST_]/_/g'\`" \; --> Are you trying to rename the file that you read above??

---------------------------------

I have folder called /input/temp. Inside the folder I have lot of files. I need to find the file of pattern Article_????_test_?????????.txt and replace by format below.

Article_????_?????????.txt

Code:
find /input/temp -type f -name "Article_????_test_?????????.txt" -exec sh -c 'mv $1 ${1/test/}' {} \;

This should do!!

Last edited by PikK45; 01-08-2014 at 05:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and rename long file names (html)

Hi Guys, I need a help. I have 1130 zip files. Each one of them has files including 1 html file with long file name (includes special charactors, Alphabetic and numbers). I have copied all 1130 zip files to my linux system and extracted using below command. Find . -name "*.zip" -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajmani
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename File using Terminal

I need help finding a file through terminal and then renaming it automatically. Here is what I have so far to find the file: cd /User/Applications find . */SourceM.app/banner.png | while read line; do mv "$line" banner-.png; done I want the script to rename the file "banner.png" to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbisconti97
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace then rename file

Hi, This is probably quite simple for an expert, but I keep getting confused about the best approach, grep, awk, sed. What I have is a range of files numbered 1 to 100. They go file1.txt file2.txt and so on In each file I need to find and replace a couple of items and rename add a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickenhouse
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Find and rename file

I want to find a file say IIFT and check its size is zero or not. If its zero then I have to rename anothe file say WWFT , which is in another folder to WWFT$Todaysdate. I tried below command: cd dir2 (*File WWFT is in dir2) find dir/ -type f -name 'IIFT*' -size 0 -exec mv WWFT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple File Rename based on pattern - one line

All, I wanted to copy the files From: Daily_XYZ_TEST_1.csv Daily_XYZ_TEST_2.csv Daily_XYZ_TEST_3.csv Daily_XYZ_TEST_4.csv To: Daily_ABC_TEST_1.csv Daily_ABC_TEST_2.csv Daily_ABC_TEST_3.csv Daily_ABC_TEST_4.csv I have tried the rename command but it is not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the file with specific pattern

Hello I am making a script where I need to rename the files but with different names.The file name could be change according to the product I made a logic but that is not working properly arr=$(echo a@b@c | tr "@" "\n") echo $arr output is a b c arry=$(echo d@e@f | tr "@" "\n") ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and rename part of a file

hi, Need your help. I need to write a script for below.. i have two files in directory /home/abc as below: Watch_20140203_abc.dat Watchnow_20140203_abc.dat I have to copy this file from /home/abc to /home01/home02 after that i have to rename the date part in above two files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename file recursively

Hi, I have a directory which contains multiple files with .txt extension, i want to rename all these file to .bak extension using find command, this is what i've tried, please help me to correct this : find /home/application/test -name '*.txt' -exec rename 's/txt/bak/' {} \; seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files to match file list pattern

Hi All, I have 100 folders with the first delimiter has a unique name i.e (123_hello and 575_hello) and each folder have atlist 1000 plus files with naming convention i.e (575_hello_1.iso ... 575_hello_1000.iso). 575_hello/575_hello_1.iso 575_hello/575_hello_2.iso 575_hello/575_hello_3.iso... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename text file with a specific pattern in directory

I am trying to rename all text files in a directory that match a pattern. The current command below seems to be using the directory path in the name and since it already exists, will not do the rename. I am not sure what I am missing? Thank you :). Files to rename in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
FLARE(6)							 flare User Manual							  FLARE(6)

NAME
flare - diablo like rpg game DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the game flare and the files it uses. flare is a diablo like rpg game. FILES
settings.txt flare does not have a settings dialogue yet. You can manipulate flare's settings in the settings.txt instead. It is located in one of the following paths: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/flare $HOME/.config/flare ./config keybindings.txt You can manipulate flare's default key bindings in this file. It is located in one of the following paths: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/flare $HOME/.config/flare ./config save[0-9]{?}.txt Savegames are simple txt files in flare. You can find them at one of these places: $XDG_DATA_HOME/flare $HOME/.local/share/flare ./saves If permissions are correct, the game is automatically saved when you exit. ENVIONMENT
XDG_CONFIG_HOME, $XDG_DATA_HOME flare follows the XDG stanard, see FILES section above. BUGS
If you should find a bug in flare, please report it at the official BTS at: https://github.com/clintbellanger/flare/issues. AUTHOR
Jan-Hendrik Peters <hennr@hennr.name> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Jan-Hendrik Peters This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. flare 12/26/2011 FLARE(6)