Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Specifying dynamic library path to linker at compile time Post 302882529 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 7th of January 2014 03:51:28 PM
Old 01-07-2014
-rpath is for the C-program ("simple") itself, not passed to the "exec"ed program.
But you can define the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the C-program:
Code:
putenv ("LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/aaa/bbb/bin/waitdb.ORACLE");
execvp ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to auto load a dynamic library

hi, every body. i have in trouble that how to load a dynamic library by hand. for example, i know how to generate a dynamic library and how to link a dynamic library in makefile. generate a dynamic library: add -dy -G behind cc link a dynamic library in makefile: add -dy -Bdynamic behind cc... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: subrain
0 Replies

2. Programming

How compile a library on solaris(like dll in windows)

Hi all, how do i compile a c program into a library on solaris Thanks in advance Zing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
3 Replies

3. Programming

loading a dynamic library in linux

is there a way to load a dynamic library in linux? I know tht in AIX u can do it using the loadAndInit() function. Please guide me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacques83
2 Replies

4. Programming

overriding the dynamic library

Hi, I wonder how can we override the dynamic library loaded by ld on start up.(dynamic linked application). so that linker uses the new library to find symbols. Is it possible to do. Cheers. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

dynamic linker error

Hi All Could anyone help in giving a little background to the following runtime error. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Mmap failed due to errno: 13. Seen when executing a 64-bit ELF executable. Thanks Ed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
3 Replies

6. Programming

Dynamic library load with dlopen

Hi, I created two library libsum.so and libproduct.so. In the libproduct.so is defined function "product" that use function "sum" defined in libsum.so. So libproduct depends on libsum. In main function I called product function by a dlopen request. Unfortunaly, when I execute program I have an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade82
5 Replies

7. SCO

SCO openserver Dynamic linker corruption

Hi every body I have a problem like that "Dynamic linker error" message. I can't load many of programs in sco unix openserver 5.0.6. I guess this problem appear after my last effort to install "SCO Development System" package. How can I fix this problem? would you please help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

8. Programming

C Library reference error using sqrt() - will not compile.

This so basic that it should work.... Any ideas would be appreciared. Using a number directly in the sqrt allows it to compile. primrose > cat a.c #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> int main(void) { double abcd=9; printf("%f\n",sqrt(abcd)); } primrose > gcc a.c Undefined first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plastichead
2 Replies

9. Programming

problem in dynamic library*.so

hello I apologize if my question bothers you I work on a code developed in C + + which worked well on mac os, this code will help create libraries *.so from *.cc and *.h I used this as flags:CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -fPIC -Wall -ldl -D_GNU_SOURCE ,CXX := g++ and $(CXX)-shared -o $(LIBNAME) $(CLIBLIB)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheapc
0 Replies

10. Programming

Gcc linker search path order

I have a build where I wish to link against and load a specific version of a library and a different version of the same library is installed on the system. I'm using a -L option to point to the version that I wish to link against but gcc still seems to choose the installed version. Is there a way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Richard Johnson
4 Replies
Env(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  Env(3pm)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Env(3pm)