Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP MSS Issue
Special Forums IP Networking TCP MSS Issue Post 302882525 by DGPickett on Tuesday 7th of January 2014 03:15:55 PM
Old 01-07-2014
MSS is related to MTU. I wrote it up very nicely years ago, so look here (come bits are AIX, but much is general):
http://davidgpickett.home.comcast.net/~davidgpickett/tips/
especially:
http://davidgpickett.home.comcast.net/~davidgpickett/tips/tcp_tuning.970513.txt

More modern TCP packets have extended headers, so you get less than 1460 payload from 1500 MTU. The extended header can do buffers over 65K and swap timestamps for tuning. Sometimes a TCP header carries an MTU setting, at least at first.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Tcp/ip

!HELLO , What is the maximum number of hosts on a TCP/IP internet? plz can u help me. :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdakram
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to set the MSS programatically.

I'm sending a SYN packet and now I want to specify the MSS (The maximum segment size option in a TCP packet ) through it. How can I do that? Also, I'm not getting a SYN-ACK back from the remote host. TCPDUMP tells me that my packet is good and is a SYN. Then, why don't I get back the SYN-ACK? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zampya
0 Replies

3. Linux

Security issue with TCP SYN packets on Linux

Hi all, A security scanner has been done on a linux server and have found that The remote host does not discard RCP SYN packets which have the FIN flag set. It tells that I need to request a patch which I haven't found yet. I have Red Hat Linux release 7.0 (Guinness) Kernel 2.2.16-22... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bert.n
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Tcp\ip

I have written a TCP/IP client and server program. The client sends a message to the server and then the server sends a file back to the client. The client reads the buffer and stores it another file in the client side. I need to know what are the various exceptions that I need to handle in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Could a tcp issue be causing a null pointer exception?

The client's app gets a 'suspend error' which they say is due to a null pointer exception. Application people say nothing's wrong with the app. Network people say the network's fine. I'm supposed to see what's wrong with the system to be causing this error. I checked the NIC card settings, which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmichner
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)