Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command to find seq lines Post 302882474 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 7th of January 2014 06:24:44 AM
Old 01-07-2014
You can do like this no need to write to some file and source

Code:
$ cat file.cfg 
JAN_01 
VAR1=4
VAR2=SUM
VAR3=PRIVATE

JAN_10
VAR1=44
VAR2=GUN
VAR3=NATUR

JAN_20
VAR1=3
VAR2=TQN
VAR3=COMMA

Code:
$ cat querry.sh
#!/bin/ksh

file="file.cfg"
t_lines="4"

find_cfg(){
                 awk -v start="$1" \
                     -v stop="$t_lines" '
                     $0 == start{i=1;next}i{++i;print}i==stop{exit}' $file 
          }

find_cfg $1 | \
while read line; do
        export $line && eval echo '$'${line%=*}    
done

Code:
$ ksh querry.sh JAN_10 
GUN
NATUR

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 01-07-2014 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: Bold - -Color

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find filenames with latest version and for all seq. numbers in a day

Hi, We have a requirement to find the set of filenames from the group of files in a specified folder based on (i) version number (ii) sequence number such that, for any given sequence number in a day only the latest version filenames have to indentified. Below is the format of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepakbabu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find pattern and add lines

My file goes like this: SID_LIST_HOSTNAME_LISTENER_3 = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0008) (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/ORA0008) (ENVS = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/product/ORA0008/lib") ) (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0007) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpsingh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates in column 1 and merge their lines (awk?)

Hi, I have a file (sorted by sort) with 8 tab delimited columns. The first column contains duplicated fields and I need to merge all these identical lines. My input file: comp100002 aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg comp100003 aba aba aba aba aba aba aba comp100003 fff fff fff fff fff fff fff... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: falcox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to find the distinct lines using uniq command

Platform :Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : bash The below file has 7 lines , some of them are duplicates. There are only 3 distinct lines. But why is the uniq command still showing 7 ? I just want the distinct lines to be returned. $ cat test.txt SELECT FC.COORD_SET_ID FROM OM_ORDER_FLOW F, -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] find pattern, change next two lines

Hi, hope you can help me... It seems like a straightforward problem, but I haven't had any success so far using my basic scripting and awk "skills": I need to find a pattern /VEL/ in an input file that looks like this: 1110SOL OW25489 1.907 7.816 26.338 -0.4365 0.4100 -0.0736 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or sed to find a pattern that has lines before and after it

Dear gurus, Please help this beginner to write and understand the required script. I am looking for useing awk for sed. I have a few thousand lines file whose contain are mostly as below and I am trying to achieve followings. 1. Find a string, say user1. Then hash the line containing the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran_bon_78
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk script to append seq num at end of record

Hi Unix forum. I have the following requirement to add a sequence value to each record in a file but only if it meets certain conditions. Field value in pos. 1 and 2 must be '0B' or 'OA' else leave as is. Sequence value must be preserved for each OB and OA pair. Data Before: 123 456... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

find pattern matches in consecutive lines in certain fields-awk

I have a text file with many thousands of lines, a small sample of which looks like this: InputFile:PS002,003 D -1 5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 6 6 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 509 0 PS002,003 PSQ 0 1 7 18 1 0 -1 1 1 3 -1 -1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)