Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Live Linux Cd's with gparted
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Live Linux Cd's with gparted Post 302882131 by tuxthepenguin on Saturday 4th of January 2014 01:00:53 PM
Old 01-04-2014
depends which distro you, yourself , is interested: debian with it's devarients or redhat with it's devarients. essentially you can install on all of the distro's once live-booted. if you want me to be precise:
*kali-linux
*ubuntu-12.04
*archbang
*centos- depends on which one you have downloaded - live cd/dvd doesn't have gparted, but if you'll download full dvd and make of it boot-cd/usb then it will be included.
*debian7-6 : squeeze and wheezy - same as centos

one thing that need to be noticed: it's way easiier to learn fdisk and parted then to search graphical tools, even though those are easier, terminal tools are way useful
good luck and keep us posted

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Live CD Linux

Como faço para abrir o Live Linux cd no windows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foo Stutz
1 Replies

2. Linux

Linux live cd

Does enybody know where I could get instructions how to make Linux live cd? I want to make my own so if you guys know anything just lemme know... thanks a lot... ;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shooroop
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing and repartitioning NTFS with gParted?

Sorry that this is slightly OT, but in my defence, I intend to install Linux (and probably others). I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista preinstalled; and though there is no love between me and MS, I would like to keep it (I paid for it after all). I have 2 x 500GB HDD. The extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koppe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I have partitions with one command but not in gparted

Hi, I used gparted in ubuntu to re partiton my slave hard drive so according to it I just have a logical drive with one partition in it. But when I do sfdisk -l I get: Device Boot Start End #cyls #blocks Id System /dev/sdb1 0+ 9728 9729- 78148161 83 Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Live Linux Cd's with testdisk

Which Live Linux Cd's have testdisk? ---------- Post updated at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:52 AM ---------- Found it. TestDisk Livecd - CGSecurity (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies