Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Capture crash out error report... Post 302881557 by Peasant on Monday 30th of December 2013 09:03:48 AM
Old 12-30-2013
You can try something like...
Code:
cat err.sh
#!/bin/bash -x # -x can be omitted 
VAR=test
exec 2>> $HOME/output.log
if [ $VAR' == "test" ]; then
echo "nono"
fi
$ ./err.sh
+ VAR=test
+ exec
$ cat output.log
./err.sh: line 4: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
./err.sh: line 7: syntax error: unexpected end of file

This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus -s error capture

Hi folks a wee problem that requires some help. I am writing a script that allows me to automate the changing of a password in sqlplus the problem i encounter is that the code contains a case statement that allows the helpdesk to select whether to allow or deny access by switching the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w33man
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture ERROR msg and stack trace

Hi all, I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to filter out errors from a web log- any lines with ERROR in it. I know I could simply use the grep command to do this. However, there are times when a stack trace follows the error line. I would like to capture these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gswhoops
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Schell script error

I work on AIX 5.x. I have a script which does lot of processing & calls multiple child scripts. How do I capture the error of the parent script if it fails? Thanks Sumeet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

database instance Error capture

I wrote a script to capture some rows from the DB. However I want to capture the errors if the DB instance is down which usually produces errors like below. What should be my approach to kill script if the DB instance is down: DATABASE ERRORS: Msg 937, Level 14, State 1: Server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
2 Replies

5. SCO

Crash error on my unix server

Hi there. Well i have a really bad problem with my server: UnixWare Version 5 Release 7 The system crash :wall: and show the error: Panic: Kernel-mode address fault on user address 0x00000004 :eek: If anyone knows about the reason of this error please give me a help Sorry by my english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capture Error In SQL Plus

Hi I am trying to fetch the data from Oracle Table More my_query.sql | sqlplus -s 'scott/tiger@OrcaleSID ' | sed 's///g;s///g' > sample_file Now if the table passed in the my_query.sql is wrong or there is some other error insied SQL how i can caputure that i tried More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to capture error while using dialog

I am not able to capture errors while I am using dialog. For example: dialog --gauge "Verifying file..." 10 75 < <( while read LINE do hash=$(echo $LINE | cut -f1 -d' ') directory=$(echo $LINE | cut -c 34-) PCT=$(( 100*(++i)/n )) echo $PCT md5deep -a $hash $directory >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamanoorsai
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Capture Informatica Error logs?

HI Team , Is there a way to capture information logs ( session or workflow ) and grep only ERROR or FAIL messages and send to email distro using mailx or sendmail option. I have around 200 sessions running on daily basis and this script has to run every day , and capture only error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the error code a use it in error table?

Hello Everyone, I have written a file validation script in unix to compare the data and trigger file.My requirement is if the file validation fails,I need to upate the error details in a table ex:Below is the one of many validation checks i am doing if then echo "Actual count between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture error before pipe

Hi, I have a script that runs a tar command to standard out then pipes to a gzip: tar cfE - * | gzip -c > OUT.gz At the moment, even if the tar fails (e.g. because of lack of disk space), the gzip still runs successfully. Is there a way to make the whole line exit with a non-zero error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Catullus
6 Replies
CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					CHECK_INT32_ADD(3)

NAME
check_int32_add, check_uint32_add, check_int64_add, check_uint64_add, check_int32_sub, check_uint32_sub, check_int64_sub, check_uint64_sub, check_int32_mul, check_uint32_mul, check_int64_mul, check_uint64_mul, check_int32_div, check_uint32_div, check_int64_div, check_uint64_div, -- detect overflow in arithmetic SYNOPSIS
#include <checkint.h> int32_t check_int32_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_add(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_add(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_add(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_sub(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_mul(int x, int y, int *err); int32_t check_int32_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint32_t check_uint32_div(int x, int y, int *err); int64_t check_int64_div(int x, int y, int *err); uint64_t check_uint64_div(int x, int y, int *err); DESCRIPTION
The check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) family of functions perform the specified arithmetic operation (addition, subtraction, multiplica- tion, or division) with the left operand of x and right operand of y and return the arithmetic result with the specified type. Either operand x or y (or both) can be of any type that is compatible to signed or unsigned 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit integers. The err argument is or'ed by flags in the function to indicate if an overflow has occurred. The possible flag values are: CHECKINT_NO_ERROR no overflow has occurred CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR overflow has occurred CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR operand is of an incompatible type The err argument is not cleared in calls to the check_<type>_<operation>(x, y, err) functions. Detected overflow persists in the err argu- ment until err is reset to CHECKINT_NO_ERROR. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the check_<type>_<operation>() functions will return the arithmetic result of performing the operation with left operand x and right operand y (even when overflow error occurs). If any other error occurs, the return value is -1 and the argument err will be set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
/* Create a variable to store overflow flag */ int32_t err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; /* Use checkint API to perform an arithmetic operation and * store result in variable. */ int32_t arithmetic_result = check_int32_add(UINT_MAX, 1, &err); /* Check status of overflow flag */ if (err & CHECKINT_OVERFLOW_ERROR) { /* Perform overflow resolution code */ fprintf(stderr, "Overflow detected! "); } /* Check for type error */ else if (err & CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR) { /* Deal with incompatible types error */ fprintf(stderr, "Incompatible types! "); } /* Reset overflow flag for next operation */ err = CHECKINT_NO_ERROR; ERRORS
The check_<type>_<operation>() functions may fail if: [CHECKINT_TYPE_ERROR] operand is of an incompatible type HISTORY
The checkint() API was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5. BSD
April 20, 2007 BSD