Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Something in my mind - what's your opinion ? Post 302881361 by Neo on Saturday 28th of December 2013 01:27:29 PM
Old 12-28-2013
I think it is too early to discuss questions and formats.

We need to insure there is no cheating... We need to insure interview questions are not being posted from real interviews, etc.

It is our policy NOT to discuss interview questions at unix.com because of cheating - so please do NOT post interview questions and until the mod team and the forum team has had a chance to consider a process to stop cheating similar to what we do for homework.

Otherwise, we will just resort to our long standing policy and say "no interview questions".

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need your help and opinion

Hey all, I'm brand new to Unix/Linux and have a couple of questions. I own a small education/consulting company that has a staff of approx. 50 employees. Most our work is geared towards the office-style environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). There are also some C and Java programmers... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennie1
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Opinion

Hi, I am new at this site and at unix. I was reading some answers that the administrators and moderators have posted to others, and sometimes I feel like their a little sarcastic. I am asking just to be patient to me, I know nothing about unix but I do want to learn, and I think that positive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HN19
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mind shattering good questions

i want to make a C program that should wb able to do the following tasks. one thing that i want to say is that we dont have to use ps and top all these commands by C programmign only .......... i am doing this by proc file system using CAT command in various files but .......its not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shukla_chanchal
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

I Am Calling All Unix Experts Young Mind In Need

My name is Courtney Robinson, and I am just a young man trying to figure out were he wants his life to head. I am currently in school for Computer Science and have once class left and jsut figured out I hate programming. However I am in love with Storage (SAN), UNIX, LINUX. I want to learn more.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Courtney3216
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command in mind map

I found this link that might be useful for a newbie to remember unix commands. It use mind map technique and summarize everything within one page. http://mind-map-you.blogspot.com/2006/12/unix-command-in-mind-map.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bani100
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

another whats on my mind!!! - winter waves

for anyone who surfs the northeast: why can't we have more frequent wave forming winds (bigger low pressure systems) in the summer?! i'm tired of putting on 100lbs of wet suit and surfing awesome waves. i'd rather put on no wet suit and surf awesome waves. :) damn the bermuda high!! anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Old RS/6000 lost its mind

Some time ago I bought an old microchannel RS/6000 39H as a hobby toy. I mostly deal with newer Sun/Oracle equipment so I'm a bit out of my element. The machine was running, AIX 4.1.3 I believe. Using it via IBM terminal. I stored it for what was apparently too long, and now it stalls out... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: drjohnnyfever
11 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

PI calculated by hand. If this doesn't blow your mind nothing will.

This came to my attention very recently... I have put it here as a fun item not related to UNIX in any way... Chudnovsky algorithm - Wikipedia WOW! And a great, light hearted 16 minute video about it: Calculating π by hand: the Chudnovsky algorithm - YouTube Enjoy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)