Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to remove first word?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove first word? Post 302880956 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 25th of December 2013 02:14:17 AM
Old 12-25-2013
I forgot to post one more easiest solution yesterday here is that
Code:
$ cat <<test | tr -cd '[0-9]\n'
cn=171345
cn=174144
test

for file use like this
Code:
$ tr -cd '[0-9]\n' <file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove first word

Hi, i have a question about to remove first word from a sentence. my script; #!/usr/bin/perl $msgtxt = "this is a test script"; my @ap_txtMsg = split(/ +/, trim_data($msgtxt)); $ap_msgtxt = splice (@ap_txtMsg, 0, 1); print $ap_msgtxt; but the output is first word that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using grep and to remove all word with uppercase

I try to write a small script that looks in the file tt for all the words that start with m in lowercase and in which there is no uppercase. #!/bin/sh grep ^m\.*\.\.* tt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove particular word from file

Hi All, If my file is: Wed Sep 9 22:45:14 EDT 2009 sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> This is log file generated from transfer... sftp> sftp> sftp> sftp> Files placed properly.... sftp> sftp> sftp> How can I remove "sftp>" word from this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to remove last word.

Hi, I have a file which has the following /u12/data/oracle/abc.dbf /u12/data/oracle/def.dbf /u12/data/oracle/daf.dbf /u12/data/oracledb/fgh.dbf /u12/data/oracledb/fkh.dbf /u12/data/oracledb/kdq.dbf I want to do something like this /u12/data/oracle /u12/data/oracle... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove 1st word and _ from string

var=abc_cde_def_ghi_678.txt Expected output: cde_def_ghi_678.txt Is there a better way to achive this other than cut command? Basically, I need to remove the 1st word and _ from the string. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vedanta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last word of a string?

Hello I have a string that may or may not have 4 dots. The string is actualy a file within a folder, where multiple files are located. Files may look like: # ls * creds: 192.168.10.110 someserver shares: 192.168.10.110.Public someserver.sharefolder # I want to fill 2 variables,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove word with sed

How can I use sed or any utility to remove any word that begins with TRS-, I have tried sed 's/ERA.*//g' but seems not to be working Input: 23 TRS-458-9 345 235 45 TRS-42-5 423 000 76 300 234 Output: 23 345 235 45 423 000 76 300 234 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove word before a character

Hi, I have a file which looks like this id integer, name string, create_dt date, I want to remove all words that are present before the character , My output should be id, name, create_dt, Thanks wah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove the word from posts

Hi Sir, Need your help in removing the following words from the posts . These are confidential info posted by mistake and our organization is doing an audit on this. Could you kindly remove as per below. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/197017-perl-help.html ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove everything after a word containing string?

Hello, I wish to remove any word coming after searched string found in a word. source*.txt #!bin/bash #test1 http://www.aa.bb.cc http://www.xx.yy http://www.11.22.44 #test2 http://www.11.rr.cd http://www.01.yy http://www.yy.22.tt #test3 http://www.22.qq.fc http://www.0x.yy... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
15 Replies
Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor METHODS
printcompositor = Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor->new ($buffer) o $buffer (Gtk2::SourceView2::Buffer) printcompositor = Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor->new_from_view ($view) o $view (Gtk2::SourceView2::View) string = $compositor->get_body_font_name $compositor->set_body_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string) double = $compositor->get_bottom_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_bottom_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) buffer = $compositor->get_buffer $compositor->draw_page ($context, $page_nr) o $context (Gtk2::PrintContext) o $page_nr (integer) string = $compositor->get_footer_font_name $compositor->set_footer_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string or undef) $compositor->set_footer_format ($separator, $left, $center, $right) o $separator (boolean) o $left (string or undef) o $center (string or undef) o $right (string or undef) string = $compositor->get_header_font_name $compositor->set_header_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string or undef) $compositor->set_header_format ($separator, $left, $center, $right) o $separator (boolean) o $left (string or undef) o $center (string or undef) o $right (string or undef) boolean = $compositor->get_highlight_syntax $compositor->set_highlight_syntax ($highlight) o $highlight (boolean) double = $compositor->get_left_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_left_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) string = $compositor->get_line_numbers_font_name $compositor->set_line_numbers_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string or undef) integer = $compositor->get_n_pages boolean = $compositor->paginate ($context) o $context (Gtk2::PrintContext) double = $compositor->get_pagination_progress boolean = $compositor->get_print_footer $compositor->set_print_footer ($print) o $print (boolean) boolean = $compositor->get_print_header $compositor->set_print_header ($print) o $print (boolean) integer = $compositor->get_print_line_numbers $compositor->set_print_line_numbers ($interval) o $interval (integer) double = $compositor->get_right_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_right_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) integer = $compositor->get_tab_width $compositor->set_tab_width ($width) o $width (integer) double = $compositor->get_top_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_top_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) wrapmode = $compositor->get_wrap_mode $compositor->set_wrap_mode ($wrap_mode) o $wrap_mode (Gtk2::WrapMode) PROPERTIES
'body-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the text body (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'buffer' (Gtk2::SourceView2::Buffer : default undef : readable / writable / construct-only) The GtkSourceBuffer object to print 'footer-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the page footer (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'header-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the page header (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'highlight-syntax' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Whether to print the document with highlighted syntax 'line-numbers-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the line numbers (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'n-pages' (integer : default -1 : readable) The number of pages in the document (-1 means the document has not been completely paginated). 'print-footer' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) Whether to print a footer in each page 'print-header' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) Whether to print a header in each page 'print-line-numbers' (Glib::UInt : default 1 : readable / writable) Interval of printed line numbers (0 means no numbers) 'tab-width' (Glib::UInt : default 8 : readable / writable) Width of a tab character expressed in spaces 'wrap-mode' (Gtk2::WrapMode : default "none" : readable / writable) Whether to wrap lines never, at word boundaries, or at character boundaries. ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::Unit o 'pixel' / 'GTK_UNIT_PIXEL' o 'points' / 'GTK_UNIT_POINTS' o 'inch' / 'GTK_UNIT_INCH' o 'mm' / 'GTK_UNIT_MM' enum Gtk2::WrapMode o 'none' / 'GTK_WRAP_NONE' o 'char' / 'GTK_WRAP_CHAR' o 'word' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD' o 'word-char' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD_CHAR' SEE ALSO
Gtk2::SourceView2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 by Emmanuel Rodriguez perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor(3pm)