Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remsh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remsh Post 302880545 by vbe on Friday 20th of December 2013 11:12:58 AM
Old 12-20-2013
Hi corona , my concern is I dont understand what tee has to do with setting timestamp in post#1 , and more with the given code...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remsh

i m try to do remsh i need to know what are the step to define the user and password i try .rhosts it give me operator:/export/home/operator>remsh billmed ps -ef permission denied just for testing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazanoova2
3 Replies

2. Solaris

remsh working one way

host Solaris 5.9 E250 host-name: sunsrv1 remote Solaris 5.8 Netra 250 host_name: sspfs_svr i am able to remsh (or rsh)from remote to host like ; $ remsh sunsrv1 uname -n sunsrv1 but opposite way not possible; # remsh sspfs_svr ls sspfs_svr: Connection refused OR # rsh -l username... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use remsh to duplicate all...

hi , Any idea how to use remsh to duplicate whatsoever ( / ) from host1 to host2 across network with root? Regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

change ip via remsh

guys,wanted to ask how tochange IP via remote. remsh is fine w/ me. but when chaging the ip it doesnt work in remsh.could you please help. # remsh server1 -l root uname -a HP-UX server1 B.11.23 U ia64 0618444750 unlimited-user license # # remsh server1 -l root ifconfig lan1 10.131.3.95... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remsh from HP-UX to Solaris

Hi, I have encountered a problem when I try to issue a remsh command to a remote system (Solaris). I have created the .rhost file in the home directory on the remote system and added the hostname and user. "cat .rhosts 192.168.133.26 root" But when I issue the command from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh variables

Hi, I have script. #!/bin/sh -x CD=masterservice remsh 132.196.133.185 -l root './export $CD > test.output' rcp root@132.196.133.185:test.output But I receive the following error. + remsh 132.196.133.185 -l root ./export $CD > test.output To make it work, I remove the ' signs.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

HPUX + remsh

Hi, I can remsh from a HPUX to a UNIX however my function keys dont then work as they should ! Any suggestions ? - have tried creating .kshrc Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Grep Via REMSH

Well I didn't think this would be so complicated when I started it but, well, here we are. :( I'm trying to REMSH to other servers and run a grep command. Now this works just fine until the item I'm grepping for has whitespaces in it and then UNIX gets stubborn. Normally one would grep for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Korn0474
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remsh options

Hi All, I want to know all the options that are used for command remsh. And also the prerequisites like entries in .rhosts file. Can anybody share the link or document? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AB10
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remsh

Hi All, Im using remsh to execute shell script on remote server. And this script gets called from another AIX server. My code is: remsh $rHost -l $rUser -n "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java6_64_SR7; export ORACLE_HOME=/oravl01/oracle/11.1.0.7; export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AB10
3 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3)							      OpenSSL							    SSL_CTX_new(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3)