Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command pipeline trouble
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command pipeline trouble Post 302880442 by jaysunn on Thursday 19th of December 2013 02:41:11 PM
Old 12-19-2013
Thanks to your replies, I ended up using the \$ method which worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble using mailx command

Hi. I have been trying to send mail using the mailx command. I also tryed to use the mail command. The thing is that when I try to send the email, i receive automatically to my mailbox a DAEMON response sayng that the mailhost is unknown... The syntax I am using is this: $mailx -s "this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble with flex command in makefile

Hey all, im trying to create a makefile in unix. cpp2html is a program created from the files cpp2html.o and lex.yy.o. cpp2html.o is created from compiling cpp2html.c and lex.yy.o is created from another created file lex.yy.c. and lex.yy.c is created from a command "flex cppscanner.l" and here is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwatk003
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble with the Source command..

Hi everyone, I've been writing a script as an assignment which essentially does the exact same thing as the tree -d function (bash shell btw), except next to every directory name it gives a number which you can input into the same command in order to change the current working directory to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petey22uk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

trouble executing a command in csh

Hi All!! I am having trouble in executing the following command into a c-shell script. mv "$file" "$(head -1 "$file")" The funny thing is that the same command works perfectly from the command line, but when incorporated into a "foreach loop" of a c-shell script, it shows an error -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble managing ports from the command line

What are the commands to manage ports from my command line. Example: Opening Ports, Closing Ports, Viewing their status, etc. I am having a hard time finding this answer. I'm trying to trouble shoot some networking problems and it would be very helpful if I could just do this from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble with find rename jpg command

Hi, I have a large series of directories and subdirectories with many jpgs in them. I need to do two things: 1. Create a copy of each jpg found within it's own subdirectory 2. Rename this copied jpg such that apple.jpg becomes apple_m.jpg I have tried to run the following commands in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atharvan13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with awk command

Hi, I need to read a string with ; separated using loop one filed by one field and perform some operation. Can you please check and let me know how to print command parameterised. key=phani;ravi;kiran number_of_keys=`echo $key|awk '{print NF}' FS=';'` for (( i = 1; i <= $number_of_keys;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with variable and command assignment

I have a section of a script where I want to check a log file for a certain oracle error and if there is only one error (and it is ORA-39152) then I want to email that script is complete. Otherwise email failure and log. Somehow with this while the log only has one error and it is ORA-39152, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cougartrace
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble using awk command

Hi, I have 2 .txt pads containing data. I need a script which reads content of one .txt file, performs some operations and calculates a number which is stored in a variable. Now , all the content of another .txt pad should be appended to first .txt pad at pre calculated nth line number. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk trouble inside another command

I tried running this. dsh -w server1 'lsof /audit | awk '{ print $2 }'' It did not like above so I tried to escape the single parenthesis at the end. dsh -w server1 'lsof /audit | awk '{ print $2 }\'' It then hung so I changed up the parenthesis to this. This worked. dsh -w server1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
NUMACTL(8)						   Linux Administrator's Manual 						NUMACTL(8)

NAME
numastat - Print statistics about NUMA memory allocation SYNOPSIS
numastat DESCRIPTION
numastat displays NUMA allocations statistics from the kernel memory allocator. Each process has NUMA policies that specifies on which node pages are allocated. See set_mempolicy(2) or numactl(8) on details of the available policies. The numastat counters keep track on what nodes memory is finally allocated. The counters are separated for each node. Each count event is the allocation of a page of memory. numa_hit is the number of allocations where an allocation was intended for that node and succeeded there. numa_miss shows how often an allocation was intended for this node, but ended up on another node due to low memory. numa_foreign is the number of allocations that were intended for another node, but ended up on this node. Each numa_foreign event has a numa_miss on another node. interleave_hit is the number of interleave policy allocations that were intended for a specific node and succeeded there. local_node is incremented when a process running on the node allocated memory on the same node. other_node is incremented when a process running on another node allocated memory on that node. SEE ALSO
numactl(8) set_mempolicy(2) numa(3) NOTES
numastat output is only available on NUMA systems. numastat assumes the output terminal has a width of 80 characters and tries to format the output accordingly. EXAMPLES
watch -n1 numastat watch -n1 --differences=accumulative numastat FILES
/sys/devices/system/node/node*/numastat BUGS
The output formatting on machines with a large number of nodes could be improved. SuSE Labs Nov 2004 NUMACTL(8)