Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cutting commas after the second occurrence in a line Post 302880439 by in2nix4life on Thursday 19th of December 2013 02:28:42 PM
Old 12-19-2013
Code:
echo "3232323,SomeName,I bought a car for 9007,and,9222" | sed ':begin;s/,/ /3;t begin'
3232323,SomeName,I bought a car for 9007 and 9222

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cutting a portion of a line seperated by pipe delimiter

Hi, In the below line a|b|10065353|tefe|rhraqs|135364|5347575 dgd|rg|4333|fhra|grhrt|46423|urdsgd Here i want to cut the characters in between the second and third pipe delimiter and then between fifth and sixth delimiter and retain the rest of the line. My output should be ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Third line occurrence replacement

You guys are really smart, so I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I would like to match the third line occurrence of a pattern at the beginning of a line in a file and replace it. I'm ok at using sed but I have no clue about this one. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirokket16
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting columns starting at the end of each line...

Hi Guys, Can you help me with a sed or a csh script that will have an output from the input below. Cutting the columns starting from the end of the line and not from the start of the line? Sample1 - The underscore character "_" is actually a space...i need to put it as underscore here coz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmer1503
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting commas and replacing backslashes with commas

Hi, Newbie here. I have a file that consists of data that I want to convert to a csv file. For example: Jul 20 2008 1111 / visit home / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLOC-1.1 VendorID/105 Jul 21 2008 22222 / add friend / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting specific line of a file by checking condition

testfile.csv 0","1125209",,"689202CBx18888",,"49",,,"NONMC",,,,,"01112010",,,,,,,"MTM- "1","",,"689202ABx19005",,"49",,,"NONMC",,,,,"01072010",,,,,,,"MTM- testfile.csv looks like above format if the second column is null then get 23rd column and store in a different varible .. add all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgant
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a part of line till delimiter

here are the few scenarios... isoSizeKB text NOT NULL, reserved1 varchar(255), KEY `deviceId` (`deviceId`) `d5` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL, `dHead` enum('HistoryInfo','Diversion') COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci, `ePR` int(11) DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking number of commas in each line.

Hi All, I am checking whether each line is having "n" number of commas or nor. In case not then I need to exit the process. I tried cat "$TEMP_FILE" | while read LINE do processing_line=`expr $processing_line + 1` no_of_delimiters=`echo "$LINE" | awk -F ',' '{ print NF }'` if ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assiging to a variable after cutting from the input line

Hi all, I am reading from the file having entries like below 111.ABC.POT 6477.YHT.OIT Now I need to read each line and cut each line seperated by dot and print into the file . I tried below and it is not working . Please help while read READLINE do eval... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting all xml tags out of a line

I would like search and find a word (easily identified by 'key') from an xml file and then cut all of the tags out of the resulting line (anything between a < and a >) and display the remaining material. I am running Debian and mksh shell. dictionary.sh: #!/bin/sh key='key="'$1'"><form'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)