Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copying files realtime
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying files realtime Post 302880227 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 18th of December 2013 08:06:08 AM
Old 12-18-2013
What OS are you running?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files

I like to know the command structure of copying files/directories from a unix box using telnet session to a windows box. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpheusm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Copying Files and

I am new user to solaris and installed solaris operating system on full Harddisk 120Gb. I am unable to copy music files to desktop and /home directory. One thing happened while registering is- i entered login-root and its password. The message prompted your system is crashed. Is it because of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilmukundraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files

hi I want to copy all files from the current directory and move to .archive file. Moreover,I want to add .bak to each file name, that will be copied. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Copying Files

Hi, I understand that to copy files across server, the feasible way will be using scp command. Am I right? What if the two servers are not connected to a network? If by using a cross cable to link up both the server, what will be the best (fastest) way to copy files across? scp as well? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user50210
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Files

Hi All, I'm trying to list some files from my log directory and files are like this log.20110302_20.gz log.20110302_21.gz log.20110302_22.gz log.20110302_23.gz log.20110303_00.gz log.20110303_01.gz log.20110303_02.gz ............ log.20110311_22.gz log.20110311_23.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files copying - [ Listed files alone. ] - Shell script

Hi All, I am doing this for svn patch making. I got the list of files to make the patch. I have the list in a file with path of all the files. To Do From Directory : /myproject/MainDir To Directory : /myproject/data List of files need to copy is in the file: /myproject/filesList.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files

All, I need to grab and rename common files from several unique directory structures. For example, the directory structures looks like: /unique_dir/common/common/common/person_name_dir/common_file.txt There are over 90,000 of these text files that I'd like to put in a single directory as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Realtime monitoring of files in a directory

Hello Experts, Here are my requirements. I want to monitor a directory and retrieve file properties like file names along with file sizes of files being generated today and that exceeds a threshold limit (say 10MB) using a shell script. Basically this shell script should monitor (kinda... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RamanM
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files

I'm trying to do this exact same thing, so far I have created this to move files i've named my script CP.sh #!/bin/bash cd /root/my-documents/NewDir/ for f in *.doc do cp -v $f root/my-documents/NewDir $f{%.doc} done When i go to run this in the console i type, bin/sh/ CP.sh but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKTM_93_SIMP
7 Replies
aserver(1M)															       aserver(1M)

NAME
Aserver - start the audio server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command starts the HP-UX Audio server, which can run on a system with audio hardware. See Audio(5) for information about which systems have audio hardware. The option forces the starting of the Audio server; this option is only needed if the Aserver has problems starting. The Audio Server Before using any audio tools such as the the system or X station must be running two audio server processes, called On a Series 700, the Remote Procedure Call daemon must also be running. Normally, the Aserver processes and start automatically when the system is booted. If problems occur on an ENTRIA or ENVIZEX X station, see the X station owner's manual. On a Series 700 Audio hardware, first check if is running. Type the following: If it is running, you see a line similar to the following. If it is not running, see HP 9000/DCE documentation for information on restarting it. If is running, verify that the Aserver is running. Type: If the Aserver is running you will see lines similar to the following, which indicate the presence of the two Aserver processes: If it is not running, become root and restart it as follows: If it fails to start, reissue the command with the option: Using Audio over the Network From a workstation, you can also use the Audio Editor and Control Panel over the network. However, the remote system is where the actual playback and recording occur. The local workstation (or audio client) can be any Series 700 system. The remote system (or audio server) can be a Series 700 or an X sta- tion with audio hardware and must have the Aserver processes running. If the server is a workstation, it must also allow access from remote clients (see asecure(1M)) and must have running. To make the system an audio client, set the variable by modifying the file as follows: Korn and POSIX Shells: C Shell: For system_name, identify the workstation or X Station running the Aserver. If the variable is not set, the Audio Library attempts to use to the Aserver on the system defined by the variable. If neither nor is set, the Aserver on the local machine is used. DEPENDENCIES
The Audio Server must run on a system that has audio hardware. Note that HP-UX for the 8MB 705 System does not include audio software. AUTHOR
The Audio Server was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audio(5), asecure(1M), attributes(1), convert(1), send_sound(1). aserver(1M)