Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 0511-432 mksysb ulimit
Operating Systems AIX 0511-432 mksysb ulimit Post 302880065 by Tharsan on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 09:53:29 AM
Old 12-17-2013
i didnt understand how to do this thinks :
Code:
Move the ulimit call in mksysb command to also cover verbose option

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ulimit -d

All I am trying to do ulimit -d unlimited and I get "sh: ulimit: The specified value exceeds the user's allowable limit." Can someone please help me understand, how to change this! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adadevil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ulimit

Hi, system aix 4.3 when I execute umilit i get result "unlimited". why cant i ftp or extract from media filesize over 2gig.... e.g FS /test/testy is large file enabled. any help will be greatly appreciated. thnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected.

Hello everyone! I wrote a script for backing up a folder. It goes fine but today it started to spit out this error, when a folder is taring: tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected. I didn't make any changes! - OS: UNIX AIX ibm 3 - the folder I'm trying to tar is 11Gb large... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Funky_ass
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ulimit

Hi, I need to increase the open files on my server to run a test. Usually what I do is: ulimit -n 5000 My questions are: 1] I want to set this parameter once and for all. What is the right parameter to set in /etc/system: rlim_fd_max or rlim_fd_cur? 2] How to make sure that this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

5. AIX

lsmksysb: error 0511-119 & 0511-137 ?

I have 2 workstations that when I do the smitty lsmksysb to verify the tape created by the smitty mksysb, both fail on the same problem: restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block. restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data maybe lost. Starting again at file .... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

6. AIX

tar: 0511-193 An error

Hi all, when i exucte comman to see the contents of tape it gives an error like tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. The media surface is damaged and insert clean catridge tape to clean the tape in tape then again i got the same.when i excute the same above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ulimit

how do i check the ulimit set on my server.. ca i know whats the command ?? thanks in advance .. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
5 Replies

8. AIX

tar: 0511-825 The file 'file' is too large.

Dears, i am trying to comprees file but it gave me error as below: userhost>tar cvf - file | gzip > file.tar.gz tar: 0511-825 The file 'file' is too large. Be noted that this file is nearly to "9 Giga". Please, advise Thanks & Reagrds, Please use code tags! Also please do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedmostafa
3 Replies

9. AIX

Tar: 0511-184 Cannot set the time on config

Dear i have run a secripts that will extract a gz file after that i have the following error x config/xsql/cbs/UserProfile x config/xsql/cbs/Utility x config/dbtrans/accounts/AccountDetailedStatement.xsl, 888 bytes, 2 media blocks. tar: 0511-184 Cannot set the time on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

10. AIX

0511-193 An error occurred

Hi, When i am trying to read data from tape cassette its giving below error: tar tvf /dev/rmt0 "tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. A system call received a parameter that is not valid." OS: - AIX 6.1 Tape Library : - IBM TS3100 Tape Cassette : - Ultrium LTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmistry
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)