Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 0511-432 mksysb ulimit
Operating Systems AIX 0511-432 mksysb ulimit Post 302880065 by Tharsan on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 09:53:29 AM
Old 12-17-2013
i didnt understand how to do this thinks :
Code:
Move the ulimit call in mksysb command to also cover verbose option

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ulimit -d

All I am trying to do ulimit -d unlimited and I get "sh: ulimit: The specified value exceeds the user's allowable limit." Can someone please help me understand, how to change this! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adadevil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ulimit

Hi, system aix 4.3 when I execute umilit i get result "unlimited". why cant i ftp or extract from media filesize over 2gig.... e.g FS /test/testy is large file enabled. any help will be greatly appreciated. thnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected.

Hello everyone! I wrote a script for backing up a folder. It goes fine but today it started to spit out this error, when a folder is taring: tar: 0511-194 Reached end-of-file before expected. I didn't make any changes! - OS: UNIX AIX ibm 3 - the folder I'm trying to tar is 11Gb large... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Funky_ass
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ulimit

Hi, I need to increase the open files on my server to run a test. Usually what I do is: ulimit -n 5000 My questions are: 1] I want to set this parameter once and for all. What is the right parameter to set in /etc/system: rlim_fd_max or rlim_fd_cur? 2] How to make sure that this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

5. AIX

lsmksysb: error 0511-119 & 0511-137 ?

I have 2 workstations that when I do the smitty lsmksysb to verify the tape created by the smitty mksysb, both fail on the same problem: restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block. restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data maybe lost. Starting again at file .... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

6. AIX

tar: 0511-193 An error

Hi all, when i exucte comman to see the contents of tape it gives an error like tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. The media surface is damaged and insert clean catridge tape to clean the tape in tape then again i got the same.when i excute the same above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ulimit

how do i check the ulimit set on my server.. ca i know whats the command ?? thanks in advance .. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
5 Replies

8. AIX

tar: 0511-825 The file 'file' is too large.

Dears, i am trying to comprees file but it gave me error as below: userhost>tar cvf - file | gzip > file.tar.gz tar: 0511-825 The file 'file' is too large. Be noted that this file is nearly to "9 Giga". Please, advise Thanks & Reagrds, Please use code tags! Also please do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammedmostafa
3 Replies

9. AIX

Tar: 0511-184 Cannot set the time on config

Dear i have run a secripts that will extract a gz file after that i have the following error x config/xsql/cbs/UserProfile x config/xsql/cbs/Utility x config/dbtrans/accounts/AccountDetailedStatement.xsl, 888 bytes, 2 media blocks. tar: 0511-184 Cannot set the time on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

10. AIX

0511-193 An error occurred

Hi, When i am trying to read data from tape cassette its giving below error: tar tvf /dev/rmt0 "tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. A system call received a parameter that is not valid." OS: - AIX 6.1 Tape Library : - IBM TS3100 Tape Cassette : - Ultrium LTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmistry
1 Replies
ULIMIT(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 ULIMIT(3)

NAME
ulimit -- get and set process limits LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <ulimit.h> long ulimit(int cmd, ...); DESCRIPTION
The ulimit() function will get and set process limits. Currently this is limited to the maximum file size. The cmd argument is one of the following: UL_GETFSIZE will return the maximum file size in units of 512 blocks of the current process. UL_SETFSIZE will attempt to set the maximum file size of the current process and its children with the second argument expressed as a long. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, ulimit() returns the value requested; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The ulimit() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The command specified was invalid. [EPERM] The limit specified to ulimit() would have raised the maximum limit value, and the caller is not the super-user. SEE ALSO
getrlimit(2) STANDARDS
The ulimit() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The ulimit() function first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. BUGS
The ulimit() function provides limited precision for setting and retrieving process limits. If there is a need for greater precision than the type long provides, the getrlimit(2) and setrlimit(2) functions should be considered. BSD
January 4, 2003 BSD