Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Getopts option -please help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getopts option -please help Post 302880007 by Vishal_dba on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 06:33:18 AM
Old 12-17-2013
Getopts option -please help

Hello,

I am using below code in AIX env to interpret -n option given in argument while executing the script .I want to give another argument -t
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#set -x
while getopts ":n:" opt; do
    case "$opt" in
        n)
            host=$OPTARG
            shift 2
        ;;
        *)
            break
        ;;
    esac
done

echo "host = $host "

I want to run script like ./ser_reloc.sh -n dev-u1 -t pref

How do I recognize second argument -t in the script
Additionally,if I place -t before -n and use script like below:

Code:
./ser_reloc.sh  -t  perf -n dev-u1

would I have to change code for this?

Best regards,
Vishal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts with non-option arguments?

Hello everyone, Is it possible to use getopts and also receive arguments without option flags? e.g. myscript arg1 arg2 -a arg3 -b arg4 If so, how do you stop getopts from exiting as soon as it detects the non-option arguments? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdelok
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts: bad option(s)

Hi, I have a script that ran perfectly on Solaris 5.8 However after upgrade to Solaris 5.10 it started failing. I invoke the script as below: ./TestScript3.ksh --dir $APP_DATA_IN_OLD $NDM_DATA/$NEXT_FILE When i execute it i get the following error "getopts: dir bad option(s)". Please let... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoeJoseph
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts with repeat of same option

Hello, Does getopts have some way of handling the use of an option that requires a parameter more than once on the command line. e.g. mycmd -a john -a jane I came up with a solution using arrays (shown below), but wonder if getopts has some other way of handling it. Other solutions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarlosNC
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts fails to error on option w/o dash

I have a script with several options and during testing I found that the \? option does not handle options without dashes as I would expect. Then I run the script with any option that does not include a dash, it runs the script when I would expect \? to catch it and error. I've tried this with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HexKnot
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute default in getopts when no option is given ?

hi, here is a ksh script i wrote using getopts... i want to find out how i can run it in default mode when no option is mentioned and no arguments are provided... ? i.e if the script name is final1, then just running final1 should run in default mode.... while getopts 1:2:3:4: mode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh "getopts" -- Unsetting an Option

I use the "getopts" ksh built-in to handle command-line options, and I'm looking for a clean/standard way to "unset" an option on the command line. I don't know if this is a technical question about getopts or more of a style/standards question. Anyway, I understand that getopts processes its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt Miller
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - default value for getopts option's argument

Hello everyone, I need help in understanding the default value for getopts option's argument in ksh. I've written a short test script: #!/bin/ksh usage(){ printf "Usage: -v and -m are mandatory\n\n" } while getopts ":v#m:" opt; do case $opt in v) version="$OPTARG";; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: da1
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)