Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: basic math program 4 child
Top Forums Programming basic math program 4 child Post 30288 by perleo on Saturday 19th of October 2002 12:49:02 PM
Old 10-19-2002
iam looking for the whole script.i havnt done anything yet

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble writing a basic shell program

Hello. I'm trying to write a shell script that will take files that have .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.Z, .gz, .Z and .zip file extensions and uncompress and unarchive them. The script should be able to take multiple arguments. So far I can write a script using the case command that will do this but it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing math testing program

Can anyone create a program that would test the math skills of the user. Assume that it would test integer addition, The program should ask the question,collect the integer response, evaluate and notify the user if their answer was correct or incorrect. I would assume integers in the range... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
5 Replies

3. Programming

parent not waiting until child complete executing another program through execl()

Hi, I am calling a program that greps and returns 72536 bytes of data on STDOUT, say about 7000 lines of data on STDOUT. I use pipe from the program am calling the above program. Naturally, I execute the above program (through execl() ) throught the child process and try to read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
4 Replies

4. Programming

Basic multithreaded program

I'd like to write a program (I'm flexible on language; C/C++ was my original idea but a scripting language would probably be better) that runs hundreds of programs, but only N = 4 (say) at a time. The idea is to keep all the cores on a multicore machine busy. How can I do this? In particular,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

Program monitor on BT-Basic

Hi, The "program monitor" command in BT-Basic prompt you for a user name and a password. How can I grant access only to certain users ? Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosiceanu
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Any ideas on child-control program

My auntie told me that she has been suspecting that her little kids are looking at some "illegal" sites online. She put a free web blocker on the computer, but they might be finding loopholes. She wanna install some child-control program to see what's going on. There are so many since I searched... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluerosen
5 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help with Basic Unix Program

I am a newbie to UNIX. I'm learning UNIX on my own, just trying to get the jerk of how things work in UNIX environment. I am familiar with Windows environment. Can anyone pls write simple 'envprint' programs to : 1) List all the environment Information (using the -l or --l options) 2) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agup17
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl math program

I have this math program on Perl and when I run it one of the math problems that comes up is 0/0 and perl makes the answer 4. How can I program perl to not include numbers /0? What I have for the division portion is: $solution = $num1 * $num2; ($solution, $num1) = ($num1, $solution); $question... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: germany1517
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Log file analyzer, super basic sh program

Hello! I'd like some help with this assignment. 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1)Write a shell script that can uses two types of files as inputs, apache.log and apache.error.log 2)Make it so that you can switch between the two file types 3)Make it so that the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malfiory
5 Replies
halockrun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     halockrun(1M)

NAME
halockrun - run a child program while holding a file lock SYNOPSIS
/usr/cluster/bin/halockrun [-nsv] [-e exitcode] lockfilename prog [args] DESCRIPTION
The halockrun utility provides a convenient means to claim a file lock on a file and run a program while holding that lock. As this utility supports script locking, this utility is useful when programming in scripting languages such as the Bourne shell. See sh(1). halockrun opens the file lockfilename and claims an exclusive mode file lock on the entire file. See fcntl(2) fcntl(2)). Then it runs the program prog with arguments args as a child process and waits for the child process to exit. When the child exits, halockrun releases the lock, and exits with the same exit code with which the child exited. The overall effect is that the child prog is run as a critical section, and that this critical section is well-formed, in that no matter how the child terminates, the lock is released. If the file lockfilename cannot be opened or created, then halockrun prints an error message on stderr and exits with exit code 99. You can run this command in the global zone or in a non-global zone. The command affects only the global or non-global zone in which you issue the command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -e exitcode Normally, errors detected by halockrun exit with exit code 99. The -e option provides a means to change this special exit code to a different value. -n The lock should be requested in non-blocking mode: if the lock cannot be granted immediately, halockrun exits immediately, with exit code 1, without running prog. This behavior is not affected by the -e option. Without the -n option, the lock is requested in blocking mode, thus, the halockrun utility blocks waiting for the lock to become available. -s Claim the file lock in shared mode, rather than in exclusive mode. -v Verbose output, on stderr. EXIT STATUS
Errors detected by halockrun itself, such that the child process was never started, cause halockrun to exit with exit code 99. (This exit code value can be changed to a different value using the -e option. See OPTIONS. Otherwise, halockrun exits with the same exit code with which the child exited. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fcntl(2), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 halockrun(1M)