Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making webpy framework accessible from outside the local network Post 302879747 by bakunin on Saturday 14th of December 2013 06:33:11 PM
Old 12-14-2013
How exactly is your "local network" connected with the "outside network"? Do you have NAT in between? If so, it will be a little more effort than just to unguard a port.

Tell us about your environment and we can help you find out a solution.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

SF4800 SC not accessible thru network

Hi All, I have my SC setup as attached below but I am having problem accessing the port thru network. sc0 was accessible only after i failed over the configuratios to sc1 (now then sc1 was not pingable :(). Just wondering is there anything wrong with my sc settings? Appreciate your advice. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
4 Replies
WAKE(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   WAKE(8)

NAME
wake -- send Wake on LAN frames to hosts on a local Ethernet network SYNOPSIS
wake [interface] lladdr [lladdr ...] DESCRIPTION
The wake program is used to send Wake on LAN (WoL) frames over a local Ethernet network to one or more hosts using their link layer (hard- ware) addresses. WoL functionality is generally enabled in a machine's BIOS and can be used to power on machines from a remote system with- out having physical access to them. interface is an Ethernet interface of the local machine and is used to send the Wake on LAN frames over it. If there is only one Ethernet device available that is up and running, then the interface argument can be omitted. lladdr is the link layer address of the remote machine. This can be specified as the actual hardware address (six hexadecimal numbers separated by colons) or as a hostname entry in /etc/ethers. wake accepts multiple lladdr addresses. Link layer addresses can be determined and set using ifconfig(8). FILES
/etc/ethers Ethernet host name data base. SEE ALSO
ethers(5), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
wake was written by Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch>. BSD
December 27, 2009 BSD