Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array[count+1] legal?
Top Forums Programming Array[count+1] legal? Post 302879464 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of December 2013 02:30:41 PM
Old 12-12-2013
Not really, no. Variables are supposed to have their size fixed at compile-time, not runtime. I've had to fix lots of code where people have done things like that. It happened to work for them by sheer coincidence but compile it on a different system and it crashes.

If you tell a C compiler to do something crazy, it will do so, and not always complain, but might not do what you actually wanted. Don't trust that code is "right" just because it "works".
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not Legal Characters

I have a file that I want to grep and identify all of the illegal characters. I have a list of legal ascii characters \11\12\40-\176,\0-\255 so i try a grep -v to exclude these but my syntax is not correct?? $ cat TRANS_20050613_00.DAT.ERROR | grep -v '\11\12\40-\176\0-\255' grep:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. Programming

legal code?

hi friends, the following code works fine,but the question is "is this a valid c". i really have no idea....... void func() { int x = 50; { int y; y = x + 400; printf("x = %d\n",x); printf("y = %d\n",y); } } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
2 Replies

3. AIX

Legal Disclaimer setup in CDE

Hi pals I manage nearly 200+ aix workstations. I need to setup a legal disclaimer in all the workstations. When the user do a interactive login in CDE the legal disclaimer should be displayed and once he accepts the same he should be able to login to system. Can anybody suggest me as to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: Count & Sort Using Array's

Hi, I'm new to linux & bash so please forgive my ignorance, just wondering if anyone can help. I have a file (mainfile.txt) with comma deliminated values, like so: $1 $2 $3 613212, 36, 57 613212, 36, 10 613212, 36, 10 677774, 36, 57 619900, 10, 10 i need to split this file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTOE
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Count and Array Copy help

Hi all, I have the code as below " echo "File carried list after 1st loop "${fileStreamAssiagnInit}"" and I have the out put for the above code as below : Output : File carried list after 1st loop abcInd.csv sdgUS.csv sopSing.csv Here i want to count the number of elements in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: count unique element of array

Hi, tab-separated input: blabla_1 A,B,C,C blabla_2 A,E,G blabla_3 R,Q,A,B,C,R,Q output: blabla_1 3 blabla_2 3 blabla_3 5 After splitting $2 in an array, I am trying to store the number of unique elements in a variable, but have some difficulties resetting the variable to 0 before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of unique values in each column of array

What is an efficient way of counting the number of unique values in a 400 column by 1000 row array and outputting the counts per column, assuming the unique values in the array are: A, B, C, D In other words the output should look like: Value COL1 COL2 COL3 A 50 51 52... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
16 Replies
PERLCC(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 PERLCC(1)

NAME
perlcc - generate executables from Perl programs SYNOPSIS
$ perlcc hello # Compiles into executable 'a.out' $ perlcc -o hello hello.pl # Compiles into executable 'hello' $ perlcc -O file # Compiles using the optimised C backend $ perlcc -B file # Compiles using the bytecode backend $ perlcc -c file # Creates a C file, 'file.c' $ perlcc -S -o hello file # Creates a C file, 'file.c', # then compiles it to executable 'hello' $ perlcc -c out.c file # Creates a C file, 'out.c' from 'file' $ perlcc -e 'print q//' # Compiles a one-liner into 'a.out' $ perlcc -c -e 'print q//' # Creates a C file 'a.out.c' $ perlcc -I /foo hello # extra headers (notice the space after -I) $ perlcc -L /foo hello # extra libraries (notice the space after -L) $ perlcc -r hello # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. $ perlcc -r hello a b c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. # with arguments 'a b c' $ perlcc hello -log c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out' logs compile # log into 'c'. DESCRIPTION
perlcc creates standalone executables from Perl programs, using the code generators provided by the B module. At present, you may either create executable Perl bytecode, using the "-B" option, or generate and compile C files using the standard and 'optimised' C backends. The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very experimen- tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged. OPTIONS
-Llibrary directories Adds the given directories to the library search path when C code is passed to your C compiler. -Iinclude directories Adds the given directories to the include file search path when C code is passed to your C compiler; when using the Perl bytecode option, adds the given directories to Perl's include path. -o output file name Specifies the file name for the final compiled executable. -c C file name Create C code only; do not compile to a standalone binary. -e perl code Compile a one-liner, much the same as "perl -e '...'" -S Do not delete generated C code after compilation. -B Use the Perl bytecode code generator. -O Use the 'optimised' C code generator. This is more experimental than everything else put together, and the code created is not guaran- teed to compile in finite time and memory, or indeed, at all. -v Increase verbosity of output; can be repeated for more verbose output. -r Run the resulting compiled script after compiling it. -log Log the output of compiling to a file rather than to stdout. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLCC(1)