Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with echo and cut
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with echo and cut Post 302878567 by Yoda on Friday 6th of December 2013 11:17:38 PM
Old 12-07-2013
That for loop with cat is not recommended

You should use a while loop instead, try something like:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

while IFS="," read v1 v2 v3 v4 v5
do
        printf "%s\n" "$v2"
        printf "%s,%s,%s,%s,%s\n" "$v1" "$v2" "$v3" "$v4" "$v5"
done < src.src

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

`echo` problem.

Have the following lines in a script: echo "-----------------------------------------------"\ "---------------------" >> $xdfrpt echo "- Date - - / - /stand - /u - /u1 - /u2 -"\ "/x1 - /x2 - /x3 -" >> $xdfrpt echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

Hi, I have given the following statement in a script to put the values of variables (VAR1, VAR2,...) in a file. echo " $VAR1 $VAR2 $VAR3 $VAR4 $VAR5" >> filename But the output is not coming properly. Variables VAR5, VAR4 are replacing the first (VAR1, VAR2,..). I can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrd600
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

echo "XXXXX" >> /xx/output.txt cat /xx/file.txt| awk '{tony=tony+$1+$2; print tony/$3*100}' >> /xx/output.txt Dear all, In this situation i will have 2 lines in the output file. What i want is to have only one output line. e.g: XXXXX "value" HOW to put the output of the "cat and awk" in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tontal
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo $ problem

Hi I am using tcsh. I want display in a file_1 like this. $VARIBALE I gave in a termianl > echo "\$VARIBALE" > file_1 Its not workning. It was giving VARIBALE: Undefined variable. I gave \ before $, but why it was giving undefined varible? Please help me. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitubek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing output from echo & cut into variable

Hi All, Hope someone can advise here as I have been struggling to find a syntax that works here. I have tried a stack of combination I have seed in the forums but I think because I have needed to use "" and `` in the statments another method is found. I am reading in lines with the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkwilliams
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with echo *

Hello all, Please help with the below. I have a requirement where in I have to read a pattern and print it as shown below. Patterns will be as below. Input Output Pattern Should be printed as below with spaces such that I can awk. -*--* - * - - * *--**... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

why the set rr='echo string|cut not working

I am new to the c shell script, can you let me know why the set rr= is not working. C shell script #! /bin/csh Set tt= 12345_UMR_BH452_3_2.txt set rr='echo $tt | cut –d”_” -f1' syntax error (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice using cut & echo combination commands

Hi, I am cutting data from a fixed length test file and then writing out a new record using the echo command, the problem I have is how to stop multiple spaces from being written to the output file as a single space. Example: cat filea | while read line do field1=`echo $line | cut -c1-2` ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc18
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo problem

hi all i have little problem below is my shell script a=`sqlplus fss_cst/fss_cst@dolp1 << EOF SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF TRIMOUT ON; select process from lfs$ta_process where valid_to_dat=to_date('9/16/2010','mm/dd/yyyy'); EOF` echo ${SQL} the script name is test2.sh when i execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple echo problem

Hey all! I'm in an intro to UNIX class at university, and we've just began writing scripts. Naturally I can't get it to do what I want. Basic script as follows: COMPARE1=`ls|wc -l` tar czf archive.tgz ~/path/to/file COMPARE2=`tar tvzf archive.tgz|wc -l` if then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickzourdos
7 Replies
mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB) 		    mediaLib Library Functions			   mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat, mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16S_S16S_Sat, mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32_F32, mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32S_F32S - signal pre-emphasizing SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16S_S16S_Sat(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32_F32(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalEmphasize_F32S_F32S(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, void *filter, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions applies the preemphasizer to one signal packet and updates the filter states. For monaural signals, the following equation is used: dst[i] = src[i] - alpha*src[i - 1] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1); src[-1] = 0. For stereo signals, the following equation is used: dst[2*i] = src[2*i] - alpha*src[2*(i - 1)] dst[2*i + 1] = src[2*i + 1] - alpha*src[2*(i - 1) + 1] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1); src[-2] = src[-1] = 0. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: dst Destination signal array. src Source signal array. filter Internal filter structure. n Number of samples in the source signal array. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_SignalEmphasizeFree_S16_S16(3MLIB), mlib_SignalEmphasizeInit_S16_S16(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalEmphasize_S16_S16_Sat(3MLIB)